Sweet Tooth!

Options
So I'm sure many people have this same problem and I'm wondering if any one has a solution:

Okay well I love sweets!!! With a capital L-O-V-E! I love cakes and pies and candies and most of all CHOCOLATE! I know this is one of the reasons why I have gained so much weight over the past few years, but I can't seem to control my urges! Is there anything that ya'll know of that helps get through the sugar cravings or even some snack that is at least semi-healthy for you that could take care of these sugar urges!?

What do ya'll do to control your sweet tooth?!

Replies

• riamac
    riamac Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Try the 100 calorie packs or I mix 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, small box of raisins and 12 almonds. It has actually taken care of my sweet tooth cravings.

Good luck,
    Maria
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I use fruits. Plums, oranges, apples, whit egrapes (which are awesome when frozen). AND I also have a couple lit bits of chocolate here and there. Rademaker makes little chocolate sticks that I eat only one or two a day. Not a lot of calories in each stick (I want to say 12 off the top of my head). Satisfies the chocolate craving without going overboard. I put them in the highest cabinet. And only allow myself to take them out one at a time then force myself to put them away each time and eat the chocolate in another room. (LOL .. the things we do, right?)
  • ppiinnkkmmoonn
    Options
    I heart sweets to and avoid them but i do indulge in a skinny cow ice cream cottage cheese with different types of stuff like cinnamon and splenda . i make low calories frappes to kill and get my sugar fix
  • faerybun
    faerybun Posts: 65
    Options
    I like to have weight watchers chocolate snack cakes around all the time. I'm usually not a chocolate person, but when that time rolls around I have to have chocolate! x.x And those little cakes are pretty rich, chocolate frosting, moist chocolate cake and fudge filing. They're only about a bite, but it's 90 calories and it gets my craving to go away. [:
  • LaurieEReid
    LaurieEReid Posts: 273
    Options
    Lindt squares of dark chocolate. Really savour it. Do nothing else while you eat it. Concentrate on how good it tastes.

Then one is enough.
  • igora_soma
    igora_soma Posts: 486
    Options
    I love to eat fruit, especially blueberries and kiwi! They aren't high in sugar and are fairly low-cal too. Plus they keep you full and make you feel good :) I also stick to dark chocolate only now as it satisfies my sugar cravings more quickly.
  • amerr
    amerr Posts: 190
    Options
    When I remember to I chew gum, but I usually forgot I have the gum and go straight for the chocolate or cookie instead.
  • ksharon22
    ksharon22 Posts: 111
    Options
    I like to have the sugar free Jello pudding cups on had for when I have a chocolate emergency! 60 calories for delicious chocolately goodness!
  • patricia92d
    patricia92d Posts: 49
    Options
    hmmm what i do is eat one fun size chocolate when i need it...but i stopped because i was like damn thats allot of cals for such a small candy...i eat fruit now :D
  • anna_sherry
    Options
    If I Must Have Chocolate, I go for the 3 musketeers minis. They are only 24 cal each and they do in a pinch. It's just self controle to not eat the whole bag ;-)
  • doobabe
    doobabe Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I am a sugar-aholic. Yes- there should be classes for us. lol
    I eat VITAMUFFINS- they are reasonably healthy and take the edge off.......

They say a sugar cleanse will kick the habit- DR OZ has one on his site.....
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes, protein puddings, protein brownies, protein cookies.

Molten lava cake

1 egg white
    1 scoop chocolate protein
    1 T cocoa powder
    dash of baking powder
    sweetener to taste

mix with a little bit of water, just enough to make it moist, and get rid of the powder. Microwave for about 25 to 35 seconds depending on microwave. Should be semi-runny in the middle.

Fool yourself cookies

1/3 cup old fashioned oats
    1/2 scoop protein powder
    1 T natural peanut butter
    1/2 mashed banana, the greener the better
    1 package (0.6 oz) Swiss Miss No Sugar Added Hot Cocoa
    1/4 tsp baking powder
    2 to 4 packets of sweetener

Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
  • muzicgurl02
    muzicgurl02 Posts: 31
    Options
    I love sweets too. I indulge in them once a week, but I always have a hard workout afterwards or the following day. I find that watermelon or strawberries satisfy my sugar cravings. The 100 calorie snacks are wonderful, especially the chocolate chip cookie ones, mmmmm ;-)
  • pittielover23
    pittielover23 Posts: 268
    Options
    100 Cal Jello Chocolate Pudding Cup w/ some Cool Whip Lite on top :)
  • silvafan
    silvafan Posts: 147
    Options
    Skinny Cow Ice Cream, that's my new alternative. They have a chocolate truffle its 110 caloried I think ,and there is a mint one too! Or if you are going to give into your craving have a small piece of brownie or a cupcake, or cookie. Just limit yourself. If you cut it out completely your chances of over indulging later are very high.
  • R_is_for_Rachel
    R_is_for_Rachel Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    i avoid milk chocolate and only eat dark chocolate now and i don't suffer from sugar cravings now
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Deep chocolate Vitamuffins--100 cals each and very yummy. Lots of fiber and vitamins. They are a little pricey, but if they help me get my fix without going over my calories, it is worth it. Oh, and I forgot. Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwiches are 100 calories and there are several flavors. I like the chocolate / chocolate and the mint / chocolate ones.
  • MaryKatU
    MaryKatU Posts: 146
    Options
    Lately I've calmed my sweet tooth with Special K Chocolatey Delight cereal.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Someone just posted an Ice cream sandwich in recipes. 4 tbls. Coolwhip and 1 Grahm cracker. I added it to my recipes.
    Cal. 95
    Carb. 17
    Fat 3
    Protein 1
    Sodium 65
  • katznkt
    katznkt Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Honestly my sweet tooth is so crazy that I have to completely cut out sweets to kill the cravings. If I buy 100 calorie packs, or small dark chocolate squares, I will start off with one... and eat them all.

Skinny cow ice creams are ok- they taste good enough to enjoy, but not good enough to binge on, but I have still been known to over indulge.

It is super hard to cut sugar for the first week or two, but then I am fine as long as I don't see something sweet in the house.

After a while, my taste buds re-calibrate and carrots and other fruit starts to satisfy my sweet need. Hard work but worth it. Whenever I give in and have something sweet I hate myself because it takes so much time and energy to get rid of the cravings again. But it isn't a surprise that whenever I ditch the sweets I immediately drop pounds and whenever I give in I gain.