Looking for yummy low fat recipes

Options
Looking for healthy dinners to cook for family of 5

Replies

• gusinott
    gusinott Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I found this great recipe for Curried Chicken en papillotes (in parchment paper packets). This is for 4 servings, so just double the recipe, and you'll have some leftovers for a couple of lunches. I eat mine with some quinoa (original recipe calls for naan bread) and a salad. Ingredients can be adjusted to suit tastes; it's not spicy, it's very tasty, and it's very high in protein. Super easy, super fast.

400.00 g, Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast (or dark meat)
    1.00 tbsp Arrowroot Powder (or all-purpose flour)
    1.00 tbsp Honey
    2.00 tsps Curry powder
    2.00 tsps Paprika
    1.00 tsps Turmeric, ground
    1.00 tsps Ginger, ground
    1.00 dash table Salt (I use salt substitute -- low sodium diet)
    1.00 dash Black Pepper
    175.00g, 0% Plain Greek Yogurt
    Water (to thin out, if desired)

1. Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
    2. Prepare 4 (or 8, if doubling recipe) sheets of parchment paper, 10"x12" approximately.
    3. Mix all ingredients, except chicken, in large bowl.
    4. Cut chicken in 1/2 inch slices. Dump in bowl, and thoroughly mix with sauce.
    5. Place equivalent of 1 chicken breast in the middle of each sheet of parchment, making sure they are all well smothered in sauce.
    6. Fold paper over and firmly seal the edges, forming a sort of half-moon shape. Steam must not escape during baking.
    7. Bake for 15 minutes.
    8. Cooked packets will keep in fridge a couple of days, or in freezer up to 3 months (in freezer bag).

Original recipe listed 235 calories per serving, but by making adjustments, I brought it down to 170 cals, with still 29g of protein and only 2g of fat.

Hope you enjoy this! :)