I feel like eating all hours of the day. Help!

Options
I think I'm suffering from mouth hunger.

I'm close to the fridge all day, and am always looking for things to eat. Maybe I'm not eating enough protein? (don't bother checking my food diary, it's pretty much empty).

I'm thinking, maybe I need more to do with my day? like spend time outside of the home? I'm not used to having easy access to the fridge.

Or, are there things I can eat all day without overdoing my calories?

Probably eating out of boredom, or wanting a hand/mouth connection (I would make a damn good smoker)

Replies

• PoisonIvy088
    Options
    I started setting alarms on my phone for meal and snack times. If the alarm hasn't gone off, I'm not allowed to eat. I only drink water/tea/coffee inbetween alarms. That's what's worked for my mindless eating so far.
  • myfatass78
    myfatass78 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Ive started carrying a thermos of tea around to stop the munchies. Works like a treat.
  • chubbymuppet
    chubbymuppet Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    @PoisonIvy088‌
    That is a brilliant idea !!! Thanks will start that today !
  • SR_86
    SR_86 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I carry a water bottle around when I'm doing my housework, I think it helps from eating through boredom x
  • KrunchyMama
    KrunchyMama Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    @xstephnz I found that I was able to break that habit by drinking more water. I keep a 1 L bottle on the counter and reach for it when I feel snacky. I also got rid of any tempting snacky foods in the house. Took about 3 weeks for me to break that habit. In the meantime, try to keep cut up veggies on hand for when you want something quick, or make a huge pot of soup, and have soup instead
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I think you answered some of your own questions. Maybe you should start actually logging? It would hold you more accountable.

I have found a way to eat very often, at least 6 times a day. Once you start logging everything you can see how to make things work into your day. I like to eat a lot too :)
  • SwankyTomato
    SwankyTomato Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Yea, agree with above that you need to start at step one and start weighing and logging your food. That is the start of holding yourself accountable.

Also you can see what you eat and then try and replace with better options or get rid of it and not buy it because it is too tempting.

• Lex401
    Lex401 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I like the alarm idea I alsoblike chewing gum :)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I think you answered some of your own questions. Maybe you should start actually logging? It would hold you more accountable.

I have found a way to eat very often, at least 6 times a day. Once you start logging everything you can see how to make things work into your day. I like to eat a lot too :)
    tumblr_mkoldeVO9q1rorvmdo1_250.gif
  • arditarose
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

I don't know who celebrities are!!
  • ndj1979
    Options

LOL its Jennifer Lawerence…

she has the best facial expressions for gifs ..I swear...
  • arditarose
    Options

I knew it was her because you guys were posting her gifs the other day. Only reason lol.
  • ndj1979
    Options

I knew it was her because you guys were posting her gifs the other day. Only reason lol.

you never saw american hustle???? That movie rocks!
  • arditarose
    Options

No! I'll put it on my list. I used to not watch very many movies, but I am starting to. I'm really behind on everything modern. I yell at technology and listen to Elvis on vinyl.
  • ndj1979
    Options

No! I'll put it on my list. I used to not watch very many movies, but I am starting to. I'm really behind on everything modern. I yell at technology and listen to Elvis on vinyl.

nothing wrong with that …technology can be massively distracting...
  • xstephnz
    xstephnz Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Haha, Jennifer Lawrence. She must be my spirit animal!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Mouth hunger?

It sounds like you need to find something to do that is more interesting than eating.
  • fashionistachef
    Options
    The alarm system DEFINITELY works! I used to binge eat subconsciously [manly out of boredom] but ever since i've adopted the alarm system i no longer find myself hungry and my appetite went down from scarfing 2 servings to barely finishing 1 serving! plan out your meals so that you're consuming 5-6 meals a day..and drink plenty of water!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Pre log your day and include lots of protein and fats (keeps you sated longer).
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Log your foods to a calorie defecit

Then use the data to overcome "mouth hunger"