Been using this app for 2 weeks now. is this community friendly?

Options
Hi Everyone im Tom, would like to use this app to its full potential. Anyone wanna chat?

Replies

• jvs125
    jvs125 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome here! Some people are fine, others can get snarky.. But you'll find good advice when you need it!
  • eddie388
    eddie388 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks JVS.
  • DebHutton55
    DebHutton55 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    It's pretty friendly. There are all types of people on here like any other chat forum. I've been on MFP for a couple years and have made a few real friends and come on here to chat once in a while. Lots of advice, some good, some not so good, some pretty radical. For me, it's a no brainer most of the time. Eat the right carbs, proteins and fats and watch the quantity. Get out and move around. Welcome, Tom.
  • eddie388
    Options
    Just read you profile. Canada. What are your goals?
  • sarika61
    Options
    Thus far I have found nothing but good will and support! Good luck!
  • eddie388
    Options
    Thanks Sarika. I think finally the majority of people are loosing the stigma attached with loosing weight!
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    eddie388 wrote: »
    Thanks Sarika. I think finally the majority of people are loosing the stigma attached with loosing weight!

what stigma is that?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Is the community friendly? Not really.

2014officespace18_zpsd1cbd8ab.gif

But it is awesome and I have loved it here for the past 4 years. :laugh: It's the kind of place where you can find good information if you want it, you will get called on it if you post something that isn't correct, and people are both wonderful and snarky. You get out what you put in, like most places.

• yasmincadotte
    Options
    Hello just started to use this app!!
  • dantanjah
    dantanjah Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community. MFP friends are generally friendly and willing to offer guidance and advice when you need it.
  • eddie388
    Options

what stigma is that?

Well it always seemed in the UK that to go out for a run you should only be an athlete, the last few years the increase of people out on the road has increased and the ability to admit it is attached with ridicule. Pathetic I know but that was the situation
  • eddie388
    Options
    Hello just started to use this app!!

Hi, welcome
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    No
  • eddie388
    Options
    No

Oh the irony.
  • poarche
    poarche Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have been using MFP off and on for the last 5 years. If you mind your business, develop a small group, eat right, and move around - You will be just fine! I have a small group that I've followed, encouraged, and received great advice from. Wish you the best!
  • JessMoTX
    Options
    I've found that 75% of the people are friendly, supportive and motivating. The other 25% think this is tinder or match.com. Good luck to you!
  • STUPID_GOPHER
    STUPID_GOPHER Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    careful in here.....watch your back......and some topics don't bring up......too many experts on mfp
  • canoepug56
    canoepug56 Posts: 161 Member
    Options

what stigma is that?

Well it always seemed in the UK that to go out for a run you should only be an athlete, the last few years the increase of people out on the road has increased and the ability to admit it is attached with ridicule. Pathetic I know but that was the situation

Not where I live !
  • exstromn
    exstromn Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Mostly friendly, welcome! Wide range of opinions on here just like other social media. Great blogs and discussions and someone always willing to be friends.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    About as friendly as other internet communities, meaning you'll still find your share of people only looking to start a fight.