On a mission for a summer body!

Options
I am getting married July 10, 2015! I would like to lose 40-50lbs by then. I am beginning my weight loss journey tomorrow. I am looking to meet people that are on a weight loss journey as well, and we can motivate/encourage each other. Friend request me, and let's do this together! :)

Replies

• mttewes
    mttewes Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your upcoming wedding! Feel free to add me. I'm happy to provide support, motivation, or information... whatever you may need. Best of luck to you!
  • strozman
    strozman Posts: 2,623 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you'd like. I'm on a mission to get a great summer body too
  • gems1313
    gems1313 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Im looking to loose the same. Feel free to add me chick xx
  • MissyK222
    MissyK222 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'm not looking to lose a lot of weight but I am looking to have a sexy beach body, want so badly to feel hot in a bathing suit!! Feel free to add me :smile:
  • AliciaStinger
    AliciaStinger Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I'm looking to lose about 50 pounds myself. Feel free to add me!
  • gemvicmc
    Options
    Add me :) xx
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Congratulations - whilst you may not lose 40-50lbs in such a short time you can certainly get much closer to your goals

For that beach body ideally you should go for

Progressive weight training .. books like Strong Curves / New Rules of Lifting for Women or http://stronglifts.com/5x5/ for a good programme

Eating at a controlled defecit
  • wildtxn
    wildtxn Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm on the same goal....maybe a bit more than that over the long run, but around 50 within the same time frame.
  • blb85
    blb85 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    My sister's wedding is in September (bachelorette party on a yacht in August). I'm the maid of honor and my dress is a curvy body shaper... I need to also get down about 40 lbs!!! But I feel like I've been saying this since September, and I have maintained the same weight since then... :(
  • carafes
    carafes Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    add me!!
  • beetlesguk
    beetlesguk Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me anyone :)
  • sean1234567891034
    Options
    eat mcdonalds its real nice, 1 cheeseburger wont do any harm
    what goes around is all around
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I'm trying for 25 by July! Add me if you like
  • loxottica
    loxottica Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your upcoming wedding! Feel free to add me :smile:
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,256 Member
    Options
    Of course we all have this image of where we see ourselves and we have goals which we all want to obtain and that is a good thing, for without goals we would never push ourselves to be better. Just a note that I thought may be worth mentioning so you keep things in perspective. Your fiancée ask you to marry him for who you are as you are, not on the caveat that you lose the weight.
    Do this for yourself but don’t lose track of what is most important, you got a guy that loves you as you are. So don’t starve yourself and keep you goals obtainable.
    Good luck and congratulations on your engagement.
    V/R,
    DW.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    It is 19.5 weeks until your wedding. At an extremely aggressive goal of 2 lbs/week, you could lose 39 lbs by your wedding. It is only recommended that you set your goal for 2 lbs/week if you have 75+ lbs to lose. Since your end goal is 50 lbs, you should aim for 1.5 lbs for now and drop your goal lower when your weight drops lower. As you get closer to your goal, it will be harder to lose as much weight.

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal, and
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal.

It took me about 10 months to lose 50 lbs. I think that a goal of 30 lbs by your wedding is more realistic and doable.
  • fossie10
    Options
    Congratulations! Wow what a fantastic aim. Count me in!
  • MrsNATRAT
    MrsNATRAT Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your impending wedding. Feel free to add me :-) I'd like to stay motivated thru Autumn/Winter (I live in Australia ~ southern hemisphere) LOL!