I am stuck

Options
I can not get below 140 no matter what I do and I am staying in or under the 1220 calories that is allotted me. I do have one cheat meal a week on Saturdays but I still try to stay within 100 calories help

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Stats? Food scale: yes or no?
  • tammy27330
    tammy27330 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    yes I use a food scale and measuring cups and spoons I started at 145 around 35 days ago and got down to 140 and then no more loss
  • arditarose
    Options
    tammy27330 wrote: »
    yes I use a food scale and measuring cups and spoons I started at 145 around 35 days ago and got down to 140 and then no more loss

So you've been stuck at 140 for like a week? Weight loss isn't linear. You will see stalls due to water retention, stress, etc. You did a good job with 5 pounds in 35 days by the way. Just keep trucking.
  • tammy27330
    Options
    thank you arditarose I feel so bad I cant stand the way my clothes fit and I refuse to buy bigger ones. I cant really exercise due to medical issues so this is really tough
  • arditarose
    Options
    thank you arditarose I feel so bad I cant stand the way my clothes fit and I refuse to buy bigger ones. I cant really exercise due to medical issues so this is really tough

You got this! You don't NEED to exercise. Just keep that deficit. If you find in another week you're not losing, look to your diary. Is there something you aren't weighing on the food scale? Did you forget to log added milk and sugar to coffee? Oils for cooking? Etc.

This is coming from someone who is lucky to lose a pound a month. But I also know exactly where my mistakes are.
  • tammy27330
    Options
    I weigh everything drives my husband nuts I use pam for my eggs and have gone to black coffee and tea with stevia instead of honey broil most of my foods and weigh the meat after cooking

• arditarose
    Options
    I weigh everything drives my husband nuts I use pam for my eggs and have gone to black coffee and tea with stevia instead of honey broil most of my foods and weigh the meat after cooking

You're doing great then. Give it another week! Sometimes you'll drop the extra pound the following week along with whatever else you were suppose to lose. Sometimes it'll come off in a chunk at the end of the month. Just don't give up.
  • tammy27330
    edited February 2015
    Options
    so are you saying not to eat the chocolate bar ;) ha ha jk
  • arditarose
    Options
    so are you saying not to eat the chocolate bar ;) ha ha jk

Hey! If it fits. Eat it. If it doesn't, you could eat it but know that it will reflect in your results :)
  • tammy27330
    Options
    I only eat dark chocolate I love it but I keep it to a minimum of 85%
  • arditarose
    Options
    I only eat dark chocolate I love it but I keep it to a minimum of 85%

I'm crazy and eat 99% haha. Sometimes. I eat it with raspberries and tea.
  • tammy27330
    Options
    umm sounds goo now I am hungry lol where do you find 99%
  • arditarose
    Options
    umm sounds goo now I am hungry lol where do you find 99%

It's actually a little rough at first. There's like no sugar. But it tastes fatty, which I like. I dip it in the tea or coffee first. The one I buy is Lindt. It's at my grocery store.
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options

If you weigh your meat after cooking, be sure to use entries from the database for cooked meat. I would advise weighing raw, though, and using entries for raw weight.
  • scookbey
    scookbey Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    U are NOT exercising and is still losing weight! I am SOOOO jealous....Keep going! The weight will melt off..just don't give up!
  • mntrunner
    mntrunner Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Try taking a look at what you are eating as apposed to how much. I was stalled out as well and dropped 6 lbs in one week by eliminating gluten, dairy, sugar, eggs, peanuts, corn and soy from my diet. Basically, started eating clean, whole foods. I feel much better as well, mentally, physically and emotionally. Looking back at what I ate before I was amazed at the amount of sodium and lack of fiber I was getting previously in my diet. I will slowly add some of the previously mentioned foods back in to see how my body reacts to them.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? I'm 52yo, 5'4" and at 146lbs (my ultimate weight goal) will put me at less than 25% bodyfat, low end of average range.

Maybe 140 is healthy for you?
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? I'm 52yo, 5'4" and at 146lbs (my ultimate weight goal) will put me at less than 25% bodyfat, low end of average range.

Maybe 140 is healthy for you?

@Calliope610‌ I hope my legs and booty look as amazing as yours when I'm 52!!
  • AmigaMaria001
    AmigaMaria001 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    My first 50 lbs came off like clockwork a pound or more a week. Then I hit 140 and I'm here to tell you this weight is fighting back. It just will not come off without a fight.
    140 must be some kind of magic number where the weight begins to rebel because it's very hard to get below that number for me too. I'm hanging in there though and still doing all the right things, so it's coming off ounces at a time, but at least it's finally starting to drop again.... ever so slightly!
  • arditarose
    Options
    I actually had trouble getting under 140 as well. Now having just as much trouble getting to 135.