10 pounds lighter and tighter by April - Support thread!

Replies

• huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    I was hungry after my awesome workout. I should have drank more water, but instead, I ate a bunch of treats. Ugh.
    But I plugged it into MFP and had to adjust my dinner/remaining calories.
    Made Chicken Francese w/ zucchini (instead of pasta). Ended up with pretty good macros day!

@jlkermode‌
    CONGRATS on breaking 140!!! Woohooo!

@Cheerios0392‌
    Can you schedule in/pre-log those dinner-outs calories, and counter it by eating 100calories less for 2-4days?

Next week is my cut-week, BUT I have a big work celebration dinner (only happens 2x a year).
    So this is what I do: I'm saving up a lot of calories for Saturday's dinner.
    I'm also doing 5:2 FAST.
    (reminder: my cut = 1200/day, no-cut = 1500/day).
    - Mon = 650
    - Tues = 1300
    - Wed = 650
    - Thur = 1350
    - Fri = 1300
    - Sat = 2500
    - Sun = 700 (because I can eat a lot on the following Monday, during no-cut-week).

And even on that day, I'll probably not eat breakfast, but eat a very late lunch HIGH in protein (to make me feel fuller) to hold me till the dinner party.
    But once I get there, I'll drink 2 big glasses of water, and then, no holds barred.
    I won't feel any guilt on whatever I eat/drink, with PORTION CONTROL.
  • SDB210
    SDB210 Posts: 100 Member
    stepherz84 wrote: »
    Can I join in! I'm a bit late but I'm new to posting on the boards.

I started on the 5th jan and have lost 12lbs so far.

Height 5ft 11.5in (the half inch makes all the difference! :wink: )
    SW: 187lbs
    CW: 175lbs
    GW: 153lbs

Week one : 2 lbs lost so...

New CW 173lbs

It's the end of my week 2 of this challenge and I have lost another 2 lbs! Yay

New CW 171 lbs

I've lost a pound! I've lost a pound!
    9 days of getting VERY bored at seeing the same number and finally it dropped! Phew!

3 weeks & 2 days in to challenge and my new CW is 170 lbs
    That's 5 pounds in challenge and 17 pounds overall. Happy day for me :-)
  • yaafee
    yaafee Posts: 274 Member
    edited February 2015
    Confession: I have daily chocolate that I don't log. What is this brain problem I'm facing? Why do I feel embarrassed to report it? Even if it fits my macros?

Reality: after three weeks of getting up at 4 am to cross train with cardio, abs, and decent (8#) weights, I feel like a different person than I did when we started. I feel stronger, way more confident, and generally more optimistic. It is frustrating that I am the kind of person that builds muscle quickly (and lose it quickly) so that I don't notice a huge scale change when I stop working out, but when I get back into it I always see plateaus and increases. I KNOW that muscle weighs more than fat and has less volume, so I KNOW that these are positive signs of my body changing, but the reports and groups are designed around losing pounds which I still have not done.

I know there are areas in which to improve. I'm not kidding myself on that. (Not staying within my calories, going over on macros on days that I do stay within..., not logging that daily chocolate) I have readjusted my macros according to some research I've done -- I will give it three weeks and see. I'm hoping that these values based on logic will help me understand the limits and therefore stay motivated to stay within them.

Anyone else focus on macros rather than calories?

Anyways - week four here we go, WE'VE GOT THIS!
  • jlkermode
    jlkermode Posts: 82 Member
    yaafee wrote: »
    Confession: I have daily chocolate that I don't log. What is this brain problem I'm facing? Why do I feel embarrassed to report it?

I KNOW that muscle weighs more than fat and has less volume, so I KNOW that these are positive signs of my body changing, but the reports and groups are designed around losing pounds which I still have not done.

Anyways - week four here we go, WE'VE GOT THIS!

I am in the exact same boat!! I have not seen a significant change on the scale in a month now, but I just measured and since the beginning of Feb, I've lost a half inch from my waist (I consistently measure this at my navel) and GAINED a half inch on my hips -aka Booty Gains!

This makes me believe in the process, even though it can be frustrating not seeing those changes reflected on the scale!

RE chocolate- don't feel guilty! I think that if you have to feel guilty or deprived, it's not worth it! If it fits your macros, eat it and log it and be happy!
  • yaafee
    Thanks guys
  • morrisjen2014
    morrisjen2014 Posts: 21 Member
    I'm in how do you join?
  • pacemakerbabe
    pacemakerbabe Posts: 8 Member
    This would be a dream come true to be a part of this supportive group. I no longer can do it on my own anymore. I binge eat when stressed, lonely, and in celebration. I am a single parent that adds to my daily challenges. Would love to hear how other people have turned the corner with their weight loss journey. I believe it is a behavioral change. Oreos are my weakness.. CW: 190. GW: 160
  • Leri76
    Leri76 Posts: 5 Member
    I dropped 3lbs this weeks, but as it's my first week I won't put too much faith in that figure. It's been a rough week at work with lots of overtime and not very good eating habits but at least I avoided the 'carbs covered in cream and cheese' which is my go to food of choice during rough weeks. Hoping for a more sensible week this week. Good luck everyone.
  • faelight
    faelight Posts: 58 Member
    To the new peeps: To join, all you have to do is post here!! We got your back! This is a support group thread where we post our updates, encouragement, feelings, thoughts, successes, struggles, and tips! Feel free to add people as friends on MFP, too! We support each other on and off the thread here, on MFP.

Keep up the great work everyone!!

Today I intend to eat more protein and get a good cardio and kettlebell workout in!
  • sellerskennington
    sellerskennington Posts: 77 Member
    OK. I need some serious intervention. I have the world's worst sweet tooth. I am constantly craving something sweet. mostly as long as it is chocolate. all the time. I log it all. but, seriously, eating daily isn't good. I have to break the habit. I tried to for Lent. No go. broke it day one! What is wrong?!
  • jlkermode
    OK. I need some serious intervention. I have the world's worst sweet tooth. I am constantly craving something sweet. mostly as long as it is chocolate. all the time. I log it all. but, seriously, eating daily isn't good. I have to break the habit. I tried to for Lent. No go. broke it day one! What is wrong?!

I know it's a poor substitute, but have you tried either sweet flavored yogurt or protein?? I am obsessed with NOW Sports Pea Protein in dutch Chocolate flavor! It's my post-workout snack and tastes like a chocolate milkshake.

Also, I've recently gotten into Greek yogurt flavors like red velvet cake and salted caramel! I think you can find some Dannon flavors for low cal!
  • I'm a little late but id like to join! I'm aiming to lose a pound a week. Trying to aim for 30min/day for 6 days a week. Plan to go high protein and low carbs . Work really long hours so it's going to a be a real challenge to work out but hopefully will try my best!

Height: 5ft 1inch
    CW: 150 lbs
    GW by April: 145 lbs
    Actual goal by the end of the year: 115 lbs.
  • Level1Vegan
    Level1Vegan Posts: 43 Member
    Fab... love the positive thinking!

Fit bit is awesome. Had mine for a few years & still get a thrill from hitting 10,000 steps!

Food wise I'm aiming for 50% carbs. 30% protein and 20% fat. Got Good Hemp protein shake & loving it.
    A VAT of nommy ice - cream like shake for just 350 calories...
  • So, for the last month I've been looking at smoothie recipes on Pinterest. I've become obsessed with the urge to try a green glowing skin smoothie. Tonight I had my first (and NOT last) smoothie. I didn't taste the spinach at all--just the fruit I put in it. I feel really good about my supper, and I don't feel hungry either.

I heartily recommend that you try out a green smoothie--it may become your new lunch/dinner fad.
  • territime
    territime Posts: 13 Member
    So, for the last month I've been looking at smoothie recipes on Pinterest. I've become obsessed with the urge to try a green glowing skin smoothie. Tonight I had my first (and NOT last) smoothie. I didn't taste the spinach at all--just the fruit I put in it. I feel really good about my supper, and I don't feel hungry either.

I heartily recommend that you try out a green smoothie--it may become your new lunch/dinner fad.

I've recently grown more and more interested in the smoothie game. What are everyone's thoughts on the bottled, cold-pressed options like Suja, Lumi, etc?
  • jlkermode
    territime wrote: »
    So, for the last month I've been looking at smoothie recipes on Pinterest. I've become obsessed with the urge to try a green glowing skin smoothie. Tonight I had my first (and NOT last) smoothie. I didn't taste the spinach at all--just the fruit I put in it. I feel really good about my supper, and I don't feel hungry either.

I've recently grown more and more interested in the smoothie game. What are everyone's thoughts on the bottled, cold-pressed options like Suja, Lumi, etc?

I am obsessed with cold pressed juices! (Which is unfortunate when it is freezing outside and I still have to have my juice!) I'm just too lazy to make my own smoothies and they are often too sweet for me. I prefer the most "earthy" taste of green juices. Juice Generation is one of my favorite vendors. I also like Suja or the Blueprint Juices!
  • territime
    territime Posts: 13 Member
    jlkermode wrote: »
    territime wrote: »

I am obsessed with cold pressed juices! (Which is unfortunate when it is freezing outside and I still have to have my juice!) I'm just too lazy to make my own smoothies and they are often too sweet for me. I prefer the most "earthy" taste of green juices. Juice Generation is one of my favorite vendors. I also like Suja or the Blueprint Juices!

I agree! I feel so great and healthy after having an "earthy" tasting green juice! Trader Joes has a yummy, cold-pressed green juice that is not sweet at all and much cheaper than the more prominent brands.
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    Love my green smoothies. I basically throw a salad and some friut into my Vitamix, and now I can take my salad to go.

I don't drink juice without the fiber. It's too much sugar for my body.

It's cut-week, AND I'm banking calories for Saturday's dinner party, so I basically do not get a lot of calories this week.
    Just lots of protein and veggies.

Amanda
  • yaafee
    I'm starting on the green smoothies too. My MFP buddy suggested them as my mid afternoon pick me up when I'm craving sugar.

I tried a combo that I really liked last week: spinach, frozen peaches, 1/2of a vanilla muscle milk and fage 0% Greek yogurt.

I've been dreaming up combinations since I realized there were different flavors of muscle milk. This week I'm going to try: coconut yogurt, banana muscle milk, and frozen pineapple (or fresh with ice cubes if I can't find frozen). Pina colada baby!!

I got sick of strawberry banana real fast.
  • jgrabowski33
    jgrabowski33 Posts: 19 Member
    My favorite smoothie currently is a whole banana, kale, peanut butter powder, chocolate protein powder, a cup of almond milk, and some ice. So good! I have a juicer, but I don't use it very often. Pretty much only if I'm in for a weekend of drinking and want something vitamin packed to wake up to. My favorite juice to make is one with banana, beets, ginger, pineapple, and kale. If you like earthy green juices or smoothies I definitely recommend adding beets- they will take your green smoothie to a bright pink smoothie which is fun. And they definitely add an earthy flavor, which I love. Beets and kale forever!

08F9512A-C621-43CC-A59B-4A838E7BD0A2_zpsoxahpm1r.jpg~original

This is what that juice looks like :) So bright and happy.

After having my period last week, and visiting friends all weekend 4 hrs away, I'm up a little less than a pound. Not too worried, because I took some progress pictures yesterday and while there wasn't a big difference visually I noticed that my stretch marks on my hips have faded drastically. Weird! My family has also noticed my body changing, which is awesome. My pants are fitting differently, aka getting too big for me. Which sucks because I just bought these! I do have a pair of size 8 gap skinnies that I got for christmas a few years back and only wore about 3 times before I had to admit they were way too tight. Looking forward to fitting into those again!

Glad to see everyone is doing well and pushing forward to their goals!