Seeking Support

Options
So I started MFP about two months ago and loved it. I did really well to begin with and lost five pounds pretty quickly by logging in everyday for about 25 days and working out. After that I tried adding in the sweets that I had been craving in moderation, but eventually I just got completely off track and I havent even logged in in two weeks or so.

I have alot of trouble because when I'm too rigid with my diet the cravings are terrible and I end up binging for a day and then going back to MFP the next, but when I try to eat sweets in a healthy way I start thinking, "whats the point of going to the gym when I just ate that ice cream?" and go back to old habits.

I dont expect anyone to be able to solve my problems, but anyone who wants to be friends that is willing to provide some support and receive some in return would be really helpful to keep me here for longer than a month this time!

Replies

• MelFallesen
    MelFallesen Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi! add me if you please.
    I started in october with MFP and safe for one day I've been loging everyday. It's important that you add EVERYTHING that you eat, specially the things that aren't "allowed", for those are the ones that push you back on track.
    And the answer for your question is: BECAUSE you ate all that icecream is that you HAVE to go to the gym.

Cheers! Hope I helped
  • Ajray2010
    Options
    Hey girly!
    I am in need of the same thing. I just started reusing MFP today. Its so hard to stay on track and stay positive, and having someone that understands is a HUGE help. Sweets are a huge issue for me lol. I'm Ashley, btw. Im gonna give you my email, then we can exchange numbers if you'd like:) my email is ashleyjray1123@gmail.com We can do this girl!!!❤❤
  • lornamarlene1980
    Options
    I was diagnosed with PCOS and am having difficulty losing weight. Anyone here who has same condition?
  • daviloreana
    daviloreana Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi! add me if you please.
    I started in october with MFP and safe for one day I've been loging everyday. It's important that you add EVERYTHING that you eat, specially the things that aren't "allowed", for those are the ones that push you back on track.
    And the answer for your question is: BECAUSE you ate all that icecream is that you HAVE to go to the gym.

Cheers! Hope I helped

I truly wish i had that mind set.. i think that would be a significant difference maker for me. I think its a long road to switching to that mind frame but I really need to get there. Youre absolutely right! Thank you!
  • kbare85
    kbare85 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I can be extremely rigid in my thinking so I definitely know how you feel. Mine would be something like, "Well I know I'll be going out to dinner for my brother's birthday in 2 weeks so there's no point in eating right or working out since I'll blow my calories then."
  • MelFallesen
    MelFallesen Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I truly wish i had that mind set.. i think that would be a significant difference maker for me. I think its a long road to switching to that mind frame but I really need to get there. Youre absolutely right! Thank you!

It's tough, and not everyday I can put myself in that setting, but with work I'm sure you can make it, I mean... I can! so I'm sure you can to!

Let's do it toghether!
  • laura3977
    laura3977 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Hi - so this is my 4th time trying to do MFP. One thing that has helped me is to make sure I add everything and continue logging even if I'm over my calories by quite a bit. It helps me really look at what I ate for the day and how I feel. Normally I would have something that I knew would put me over my calories and I would just not log it and then it was easier to continue the trend of not logging.

Also, and not saying this is your mindset, but for me this time around, seeing this as a lifestyle change as opposed to a "diet" has really helped, especially for the cravings. It helps me feel like I have more control. I don't have to have a a whole carton of ice cream as if that's the last time I may have it. I've only been on this journey for about a month and one week and I have lost 12 lbs. This is the most I have lost on MFP and I have my mindset to really attribute to that.

Not sure if this is helpful in the least but I figured I would share my experience since I've gone through the same as you have.
  • leeannemoran789
    Options
    I think everyone has bad days and good days. I try to have a little cheat often so the cravings aren't so bad. So for lunch, I might have a couple of pieces of chocolate and exercise a little more or cut back somewhere else. I'm still losing weight. I think it's about everything in proportions and if you do have some ice cream or candy (my weakness), you don't punish yourself for it and give up. You don't want to go crazy with it but a few bites of sweets every few days isn't bad either. You just have to keep your mind on the goal.
  • jennylea70
    jennylea70 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I do the same thing sometimes. Do bad for a day or two and then go crazy. I am also a total emotional eater. It takes a while to change a lifetime of bad habits and support is always a good thing!
  • jaswim89
    jaswim89 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey!
    I'm in the same boat as you. Feel free to add me and we can support each other through this process!
  • daviloreana
    daviloreana Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    laura3977 wrote: »
    Hi - so this is my 4th time trying to do MFP. One thing that has helped me is to make sure I add everything and continue logging even if I'm over my calories by quite a bit. It helps me really look at what I ate for the day and how I feel. Normally I would have something that I knew would put me over my calories and I would just not log it and then it was easier to continue the trend of not logging.

Also, and not saying this is your mindset, but for me this time around, seeing this as a lifestyle change as opposed to a "diet" has really helped, especially for the cravings. It helps me feel like I have more control. I don't have to have a a whole carton of ice cream as if that's the last time I may have it. I've only been on this journey for about a month and one week and I have lost 12 lbs. This is the most I have lost on MFP and I have my mindset to really attribute to that.

Not sure if this is helpful in the least but I figured I would share my experience since I've gone through the same as you have.

so true.. it's definitely the mindset, hopefully all these wonderful people will help me get there =] thank you everyone!