Low impact/ high intensity Video recommendations?

Options
happymommy321
happymommy321 Posts: 60 Member
edited February 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
ive just been put on some medical restrictions including no jumping, heavy lifting, squats. I don't need strength in the video because I get strength in on gym days. This is for the days I need a good cardio workout but can't get to the gym. Quick ones would be great since this happens at naptime but I'm open to longer options as well. I am thinking step videos would work but am open to all options. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Do you have a treadmill? I have really liked this walking plan so far.
  • happymommy321
    Options
    I don't at home, darn it. We may get one in the future but for the time being there just isn't space.
  • jsobole
    jsobole Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    All the videos I've done - TurboKick, T25, Insanity Max:30, 30 Day Shred, etc. have a modifier for folks who can't jump. Squats you'd have to modify on your own.
  • bumbles75
    Options
    I like Slim in 6 by Beach Body. First tape is only 30 minutes and you can do the next one which is 45 I think.
  • happymommy321
    Options
    I just tried 30 day shred today actually. When you remove the squats and jumping it's not much of a workout. :(
  • cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    What about cardio kickboxing? Can you kick?

This Fitnessblender workout has jumping jacks in the warmup, but that's the only jumping. Not really any squats--there is some "ducking stance change," but you could just skip the duck or not go too far down. It's pretty punch-heavy in general.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I do an Everlast shadow boxing video when I want to do cardio but want to lay off my knees. My heart rate is up in less than 5 minutes, and I always get a good calorie burn.
  • atorina21
    atorina21 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    This is a really great video that is one of my go to videos for low impact/high intensity cardio. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4kZumpBvzE
  • happymommy321
    Options

This Fitnessblender workout has jumping jacks in the warmup, but that's the only jumping. Not really any squats--there is some "ducking stance change," but you could just skip the duck or not go too far down. It's pretty punch-heavy in general.

Kicking is not an issue! I can do some modified squats so some is okay. They just don't work me much so I don't want a video that relies on them like many do. I'll check that out! Thanks!
  • gemma1675
    gemma1675 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    How do you feel about yoga? I like the yogalates videos, they are quite long but are in sections so you can break it down into nap sized chunks. Not really high intensity, but I really feel it next day.
  • cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options

Kicking is not an issue! I can do some modified squats so some is okay. They just don't work me much so I don't want a video that relies on them like many do. I'll check that out! Thanks!

You're welcome! A lot of the Fitnessblender videos specify the steps they use, so you could check out some of the other kickboxing ones to see if they would work, too. The one I linked is my favorite, though. :)
  • happymommy321
    Options
    gemma1675 wrote: »
    How do you feel about yoga? I like the yogalates videos, they are quite long but are in sections so you can break it down into nap sized chunks. Not really high intensity, but I really feel it next day.

Not a yoga fan. I get my muscle toning in at the gym, I'm needing some heart pumping stuff. Thank you though!
  • happymommy321
    Options
    atorina21 wrote: »
    This is a really great video that is one of my go to videos for low impact/high intensity cardio. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4kZumpBvzE

I'll check it out! Thanks!
  • happymommy321
    Options
    I do an Everlast shadow boxing video when I want to do cardio but want to lay off my knees. My heart rate is up in less than 5 minutes, and I always get a good calorie burn.

Where can I find that? Is it online?
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

I'm not sure if it's online. I bought the DVD set that looks like this. It's very easy to learn, and it's a good workout. ETA: I think I bought it on amazon, but it looks like walmart has it as well.

0000928308407_500X500.jpg
  • happymommy321
    Options

I'm not sure if it's online. I bought the DVD set that looks like this. It's very easy to learn, and it's a good workout. ETA: I think I bought it on amazon, but it looks like walmart has it as well.

0000928308407_500X500.jpg

Thank you!
  • happymommy321
    Options

You're welcome! A lot of the Fitnessblender videos specify the steps they use, so you could check out some of the other kickboxing ones to see if they would work, too. The one I linked is my favorite, though. :)

I just did most of it (my daughter woke up in the middle of her nap. Figures. But I really loved it. Absolutely perfect! I'll be checking in to more of those. Thank you thank you!!!
  • LovingLife_Erin
    LovingLife_Erin Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Fitness blender also do some great low impact videos. I can't do high impact stuff either, and I love their videos. Just search YouTube and they should be there. :)
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Consider getting a rebounder (mini trampoline). There are lots of videos on youtube and on the rebounder you can jump and run, do strength and abs, add weights all while using stabilizing muscles in your whole body.

I bought a good one for little money on ebay and have been using it with all sorts of video work outs. I really like it.
  • happymommy321
    Options
    flumi_f wrote: »
    Consider getting a rebounder (mini trampoline). There are lots of videos on youtube and on the rebounder you can jump and run, do strength and abs, add weights all while using stabilizing muscles in your whole body.

I bought a good one for little money on ebay and have been using it with all sorts of video work outs. I really like it.

Unfortunately my problem isn't related to joints (I promise you don't want more details) so that's not an option for me. Thanks so much for the suggestion though!