So, who else knows they shouldn't weigh everyday but still does? I do! Lol!

Options
mllett
mllett Posts: 96 Member
I just can't help myself!! :):p:#

Replies

• TiffKouns
    TiffKouns Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I do
  • TiffKouns
    Options
    tkouns2015 wrote: »
    I do
    I do

• TiffKouns
    Options
    I do
    I do

It's soooo hard not too!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I weigh like 5 times a day. I can handle the fluctuations. If you can handle the fluctuations, weigh yourself as much as you want.

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with weighing everyday. Lots of people do. The more data the better.
  • senglishrose
    senglishrose Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Who said you shouldn't weigh every day?

I think you shouldn't IF it bothers you when it goes up and down. I think as long as you don't freak, then it's ok.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    If normal weight fluctuations don't bother you then weighing every day is fine...I weigh pretty much 3-5 days per week and log my Wednesday weigh in. Nothing at all wrong with it if you understand what's going on.
  • senglishrose
    senglishrose Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    @cwolfman13 -- any reason Wednesday is your weigh in day?
  • BRaye325
    BRaye325 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    I don't think there is a problem with weighing everyday. It's more of a individual personality decision. If you drive yourself crazy because you weigh two pounds more and you feel like a failure, then maybe you should weigh less often. But if you can keep it in perspective and it helps you stay focused and motivated, go for it.
  • dwaggs01
    dwaggs01 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Everyday but, I am only on my 8th week of weight loss. I keep telling myself that once my initial weight loss success starts to slow I will go to once a week. Right now I like to see the ups and downs (mainly downs!) on the Progress tab of the MyFitnessPal app.
  • Docbanana2002
    Docbanana2002 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Yeah, put me down for "Why not weigh everyday?" The only reason it is an issue is if you are having problems as a result. Stressing out over normal water weight fluctuations, constantly needing to weigh because you are wanting immediate gratification (not realizing weight loss is a marathon, not a sprint), doing unhealthy things to make the number go down like not eating or dehydrating yourself, etc. In that case, the scale being out of sight might help you... but the problem is really in your mind and with unhealthy thinking about the weight loss and the scale, not the scale itself. But if it triggers that unhealthy thinking pattern then it might be good to make it go away. Otherwise, weigh if you want to weigh. I weigh several times a week, just to gather data about what my body is doing.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every time I am in the bathroom. I don't think knowing your weight that often is a problem. I expect deviations, I do not get upset if I put on a lb inexplicably. I just like to know how my diet, running, working out, 'cheat' meals affect my weight. I have learned when my body holds onto weight, and when it lets it go....kind of cool to see.
    When I stop weighing myself, that is when I let myself slip.
    I guess its an addiction but I definitely do not let it affect my mood, desire or determination to improve.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every time I am in the bathroom.

If you track your dump weights, I think you have a problem ;)
  • JennaD075
    JennaD075 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I do! I don't know that we "shouldn't". I know you "shouldn't" count your weight more than one time a week (the same day and time). However if you can handle it and it doesn't make you obsessive, there is no problem with weighing daily.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    Why shouldn't I weigh every day? It worked just fine for me while I was losing. I still weigh daily while I am at the gym, and can handle swings as just the usual normal body fluctuations.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    The only reason not to weigh every day is if you are going to freak out over it. Otherwise, do it if you want to, don't do it if you don't want to.

I weigh myself every morning. I like having the data and being able to track how various factors such as what food I ate, how hydrated I am, etc. affect my weight.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    The only reason not to weigh every day is if you are going to freak out over it. Otherwise, do it if you want to, don't do it if you don't want to.

I weigh myself every morning. I like having the data and being able to track how various factors such as what food I ate, how hydrated I am, etc. affect my weight.

Yes ^^^ this
  • preotter
    Options
    I just read a book about diabetes type 2 and it recommended weighing every day. First time I had seen that.
  • mllett
    mllett Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I do get frustrated with it sometimes, but I still do it! Lol!
  • kportwood85
    kportwood85 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I used to, but it was really getting me worked up. And, I realized, I felt like I wasn't losing ANY weight, because day by day the differences were so minuscule, or even going up. But, when I looked at the big picture, I sustained a loss of about 1.5/month. (I know, it's slow. Had a lot of health problems last year.) So, now I'm focusing on just checking my weight once a month.