what are your goals? short term or long term. here are mine.

Options
My goals were to lose weight, help motivate others to reach their goals and to join the royal marines commandos. I was an obese 230lbs and dropped that down to 168lbs in a year, I'm now lean with around 9% bf and I'm also in my final stages of my application process for the marines. What are your goals?

Replies

• 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I'm starting with a goal of losing 5% of my body weight. When I accomplish that, I will set a new goal (probably the same goal). I understand that my calorie count will go down as I have less weight to move around.
  • Darren261
    Darren261 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    That's a very good goal and if your motivated and determined which I'm sure you are you will achieve your goals no matter what they are and how long they take! good luck on your goals present and future.
  • megandhight
    megandhight Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hi :) I'm not sure what the royal marines commandos is but I honestly hope you achieve your goal. My short term goal is to lose weight. I want about 30 lbs in total gone, but my long term goal is to get healthy so I won't have to take meds for my type 2 diabetes.
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Weight wise, my current goal is between 125-135 lbs.

Fitness wise:

Run half marathon
    Run full marathon
    Squat 240
    Deadlift 300
  • Feelgood97
    Feelgood97 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    My goals are:

control my weight
    strengthen my bones
    enhance my muscles
    stay healthy

My inspirations are:

to feel good about myself
    to be a role model
    to increase physical activity and good health
  • 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Thanks Darren! I AM determined. Long term, I'd like to see 140 roll up on the scales instead of the 212 I saw last time.

Congratulations on your accomplishments thus far. I have no doubt you'll get where you want to go.

Oh, and I want to graduate my medical assisting program with honors next March.
  • Darren261
    Options
    Hi :) I'm not sure what the royal marines commandos is but I honestly hope you achieve your goal. My short term goal is to lose weight. I want about 30 lbs in total gone, but my long term goal is to get healthy so I won't have to take meds for my type 2 diabetes.
    They are the marines of the UK and thank you it's very much appreciated and I hope you achieve you goals present and future, good luck with everything.

• megandhight
    megandhight Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Darren261 wrote: »
    They are the marines of the UK and thank you it's very much appreciated and I hope you achieve you goals present and future, good luck with everything.

A military man definitely has my support, even a marine. ;) myself and the 3 generations prior to me have all served in the US Army.
  • Darren261
    Options
    kaseyr1505 wrote: »
    Weight wise, my current goal is between 125-135 lbs.

Fitness wise:

Run half marathon
    Run full marathon
    Squat 240
    Deadlift 300
    Awesome! You seem determined to reach your goals and I'm sure you are motivated to achieve them and always remember although your goals maybe hard they are not impossible. Stick to it and you'll get there for sure good luck with everything .
  • Darren261
    Options
    Feelgood97 wrote: »
    My goals are:

control my weight
    strengthen my bones
    enhance my muscles
    stay healthy

My inspirations are:

to feel good about myself
    to be a role model
    to increase physical activity and good health
    Very good goals you have there all of which are achievable with a good/positive state of mind of which I'm sure you have otherwise you wouldn't have set yourself these goals, just by setting these goals you are a good role model and should feel good about yourself, and when you achieve them you will feel even better, good luck with everything future and present.

• Darren261
    Options
    Thanks Darren! I AM determined. Long term, I'd like to see 140 roll up on the scales instead of the 212 I saw last time.

Congratulations on your accomplishments thus far. I have no doubt you'll get where you want to go.

Oh, and I want to graduate my medical assisting program with honors next March.
    Good to hear you say that you are determined, let that long term goal motivate you as well, that's what I did and still do. And thank you it's very much appreciated and good luck with the medical assisting programme! I'm sure you'll do well.
  • Darren261
    Options
    A military man definitely has my support, even a marine. ;) myself and the 3 generations prior to me have all served in the US Army. [/quote]
    Thank you and much respect to you also. Up most respect to anyone in the military serving or retired.