Cauliflower rice?

Options
megandhight
megandhight Posts: 89 Member
I found a recipe on Pinterest for rice made out of cauliflower so I can make chicken fried rice for dinner for about 300 calories. I hope it turns out good. Have you ever made rice out of cauliflower???

Replies

• PatinMich
    PatinMich Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have not made the rice but the recipe is on several low carb sites and everyone seems to like it. I like it to make potato salad and next week I'll be using it to make "cheesy bread"
  • megandhight
    Options
    @PatinMich‌ you can use it to make potato salad? If you will please give me the recipe I will forever be in your debt I love potato salad.
  • PatinMich
    PatinMich Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    yes....I don't have a recipe, just make it the way you normally would but use parboiled cauliflower instead of potatoes. It's really good. You may want to start with just a small amount, like a couple cups of cauliflower, an egg or two, some onions, mayo...whatever you put in your salad. It's good when it's very cold so I would make it and put in the frig and let it get cold...or make it the night before you want to eat it. I really do like it and I'm a potato salad freak!
  • megandhight
    Options
    Awesome! That is definitely going on my list of things to try. My favorite dish is my moms potato salad and I have been super sad about having to give it up. Hopefully this will be a great substitute
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I made some last week. It was SO GOOD. I used this recipe http://www.skinnytaste.com/2014/03/cauliflower-fried-rice.html. I didn't use oil, but added a bit of butter in the end, and only had mixed veggies as frozen veggies so I used that instead of peas and carrots. I ate the whole thing in one day and it was like 500 calories top (using a whole head of cauliflower).

I honestly liked it better than regular fried rice, but again I love cauliflower. I'm planning on making it again soon (I put it in my ninja blender and just pulsed a couple times to make the 'rice').
  • megandhight
    Options
    @Francl27‌ it definitely turned out a lot better than I expected and I am glad too cause I made to much so now I have some for another night.
  • popkerns
    Options
    I have made it and I loved it!