Are you sticking strictly within your recommended calorie range?

Options
Would love to hear stories of people that have truly stuck within their calorie range daily and lost. I feel like I'm overeating but according to MFP I'm eating my recommended calorie range which is 1830 (some days I don't make it to 1830 but always over 1400) 5'6 SW244 Lost 11lbs in a month CW233 GW180 Work out daily 30mins to an hour.

Replies

• Serendipity5215
    Serendipity5215 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I've been eating in my calorie range and have been steadily losing :) Our stats are similar, and I'm eating around 1740 calories/day.
  • dragthewaters
    dragthewaters Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    MFP has really low estimates. They estimated my maintenance calories at 1810/day. I'm currently maintaining on 2000-2100 cals a day, and that doesn't count cheat days.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    When I started I really stuck to what MFP gave me. I lost at an appropriate rate for me. Now if I tell myself I'm going to eat in a deficit for the day, I will. But I allow myself maintenance days because I'm close to goal and don't mind the slow loss.
  • PennyHartz
    PennyHartz Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Yep, I have one or two days a month that I go over because of a celebration/ holiday/ date night, but other than that I've stuck to my recommended calories for over 300 consecutive days and lost nearly 80 lbs. because of that. My starting weight was right about where yours was (I started at 253) and it did feel "easy" at first because I got so many calories. Stick with it and listen to your body!
  • Khalstead0517
    Khalstead0517 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Every time I eat close to what mfp tells me I lose...I spent 2 weeks working out 6 days a week and eating about 600-800 cal a day and I didnt lose any weught. Then I went back to eating between 1200-1500 and bam...lost 6 lbs the first week eating more...go figure!
  • nikki79poo
    Options
    Thanks everyone for sharing....this really gives me comfort to know I'm doing the right thing.....LOL Because I swear some days I feel like I'm eating TONS!!!
  • brendo204
    brendo204 Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    almost to the calorie every day except one cheat meal per week to lose 500grams per week
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    It took me months to determine my TDEE. I logged strictly and weighed myself frequently. I finally came up with around 1650 (in the winter when I'm pretty sedentary) and it was accurate. If I eat too much above that I'll gain.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!