Modern Day Pin-up Girls - WEEK 9!!

Options

Replies

• loverstreet
    loverstreet Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Sunday, Monday and Tuesday have not been good for me. I haven't eaten the same foods I normally have. I've barely cooked dinner, so instead I'm eating cheese and crackers and either not logging the crap I'm eating or going way over my calories. I have to snap out of it. Memorial Day weekend is coming in two plus weeks and I will be in a bathing suit. I have to make something healthy for dinner tonight...that will make me feel better.
  • loverstreet
    loverstreet Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Below is an email I received from the CEO of the wellness company that my company works with...I thought it was worth sharing...

The triumph of failure. An oxymoron?­­ For those of us in the personal change business, successes often come after multiple failures. James Prochaska points out how constructive change becomes more likely after each failed attempt.

Earlier this week, I bought a box of doughnuts to share with my wife. Now it's Wednesday, the box is empty and my wife is none the wiser. Another romantic gesture thwarted...but do I give up? Not this quixotic individual.

Can you imagine an entrepreneur, a company or a nation giving up after a single setback? Not much would be going on these days.

Often, it's the adjustments made to these little setbacks that create big accomplishments. Learning from our failures is one sure way of moving in a positive direction.

If we think of our whole life as a work week, Wednesday noon would be a type of midlife evaluation. I am someone working on the "Friday" years of my life, and I still keep chalking up little failures both personally and professionally. What's changed is I now look at my mistakes or miscalculations as steps toward success. I'm triumphing because of all those big and little adjustments I've been making earlier in my week.

My colleague and friend, David Mee-Lee, reminds me how, in life, as well as in effective counseling, one improves by always moving away from what isn't working to what will work.

Accepting failure is one of the natural ways of getting to where we want to go. Even little failures (like eating too many doughnuts) can lead to positive results (like coming up with an even better way to make my wife feel special).

Sincerely,

Don Kuhl
    CEO
    The Change Companies
  • greatescape
    greatescape Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    166.5 lb this week :-)

Posted this on my wall, and hopefully you girls have some insight:

serious question... the last few weeks, i've felt like i was "falling off", eating more calories than i should (not much more) and drinking on the weekends. however, i keep losing weight. does this mean i should maybe change my activity level to maybe "slightly active" instead of sedentary? feel free to look @ my diary (i'm ashamed of the last few weeks, don't get me wrong). why do i keep losing??
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    serious question... the last few weeks, i've felt like i was "falling off", eating more calories than i should (not much more) and drinking on the weekends. however, i keep losing weight. does this mean i should maybe change my activity level to maybe "slightly active" instead of sedentary? feel free to look @ my diary (i'm ashamed of the last few weeks, don't get me wrong). why do i keep losing??

I looked through a bit of your diary. You may be going over your 'goal' some of the time but there were only a couple days that I saw that were over your maintenance calories. So even some of the days where you didn't hit goal, you were still in a calorie deficit. :flowerforyou:
  • valeriedent2
    valeriedent2 Posts: 154
    Options
    That in and of itself will be enough of a challenge for me for a few weeks, so you won't see much variation on my goals. And I wrote it on a sticky note and posted it on my computer monitor next to one that says "Losing weight is sacrifice and hard work and doing things you don't want to do".

That's amazing. I too, came to the realization a couple weeks ago that I was whining about this 'not working', but when I actually sat down and looked....I wasn't even trying!!!

Let's COMMIT!!! :flowerforyou:

I'm in!!!! We can do this!!!
  • FrankyOsage
    FrankyOsage Posts: 275
    Options
    Neeeeeed to focus. Need to focus!! Too many bridesmaids dress are lurking at the end of the month for me to fall off now!

Todays logic brought to you by: P90X Shoulders and Arms = 2 Slices of Pizza
  • andreamichelle82
    andreamichelle82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    That in and of itself will be enough of a challenge for me for a few weeks, so you won't see much variation on my goals. And I wrote it on a sticky note and posted it on my computer monitor next to one that says "Losing weight is sacrifice and hard work and doing things you don't want to do".

That's amazing. I too, came to the realization a couple weeks ago that I was whining about this 'not working', but when I actually sat down and looked....I wasn't even trying!!!

Let's COMMIT!!! :flowerforyou:

I'm in!!!! We can do this!!!

Me, too!!!
  • light1980
    light1980 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I noticed today Rach that I am not on the chart...that's okay by me, but just wanted to let you know...just as long as I'm on next week. Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!! :-)
  • valeriedent2
    valeriedent2 Posts: 154
    Options
    I noticed today Rach that I am not on the chart...that's okay by me, but just wanted to let you know...just as long as I'm on next week. Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!! :-)

She posted earlier in the week that there was a problem when she uploaded the chart, that some of us got dropped off for some reason.
  • TanyaLee122175
    TanyaLee122175 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Great Job Ladies :)
  • JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    School it driving me nuts!! I"m so consumed by it right now that everything, work and home are being put on the back burner. I haven't been able to cook a real meal in ages so I"ve been living off subs from subway and a local sub shop. I'm trying so hard to keep losing but at this point I'm just happy if I maintain.

I think that is going to be my goal for the next 6 weeks, maintain. I just need to get over this hump and then kick into high gear in June. AHHHHHHHHHHHH :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:
  • greatescape
    greatescape Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your input, Rach! I feel a little better :-)
  • js775219
    js775219 Posts: 98
    Options
    Wow only 2 weeks left?!?!?! That is crazy, I really want to be in the 220's by the end of this round, even if it's 229.9, whatever, I'll take it!! lol. Congratulations on the losses this week pin-ups! Everybody is rocking it hardcore, I am seeing 234.4 today, which is my lowest weight in a loooooooong time, only .7 lbs away from my first mini goal of 233.7, or 5% lost, hope to make it next week, crosssing my fingers!!!!

Thanks again Rach for this awesome group and that kick-@$$ chart!
  • Helinah26
    Helinah26 Posts: 288
    Options
    Wow only 2 weeks left?!?!?! That is crazy, I really want to be in the 220's by the end of this round, even if it's 229.9, whatever, I'll take it!! lol. Congratulations on the losses this week pin-ups! Everybody is rocking it hardcore, I am seeing 234.4 today, which is my lowest weight in a loooooooong time, only .7 lbs away from my first mini goal of 233.7, or 5% lost, hope to make it next week, crosssing my fingers!!!!

Thanks again Rach for this awesome group and that kick-@$$ chart!

Yeah I wanted to be in the 220's also by the end.:) Ive been stuck in the 230s for a while now so Im hoping I see a 229 this week.:) Im sure youl get there soon to! :D Thatd be awesome if we both made it there by the time the 2 weeks were up! :P
  • FrankyOsage
    Options
    School it driving me nuts!! I"m so consumed by it right now that everything, work and home are being put on the back burner. I haven't been able to cook a real meal in ages so I"ve been living off subs from subway and a local sub shop. I'm trying so hard to keep losing but at this point I'm just happy if I maintain.

I think that is going to be my goal for the next 6 weeks, maintain. I just need to get over this hump and then kick into high gear in June. AHHHHHHHHHHHH :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:
    Good luck with your classes!! My summer one just started up but as the system is still broken, I'm already 2 lectures behind! Wooo.

I don't want it to start up again.

*whines for ages about being blessed to be able work and get my grad degree*
  • cenafan
    cenafan Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    WOW! my metabolism has been kicked into high gear! I've already lost 4.8 pounds since Sunday!!!! I have to figure out how to tap into this boost more often.
  • VBos
    VBos Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    i'm officially down a notch on my belt. whoo hoo lol
  • _GingerSnap_
    _GingerSnap_ Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Damit! Did it again!

Just realized I posted my weight on the wrong week and I'm not on the chart.

CW: 142.

I'll make sure to pay attention for Mondays weigh in!
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    So my boyfriend told me yesterday that he thought I was skinny. How sweet of him but I've got a little ways to go before I fit into the conventional idea of skinny. So I guess I got one of those guys who likes a little meat on their bones.

Been drinking my water 24/7 it seems, been slacking on the exercise front and my only excuse is it's finals week right now (until next Tuesday, for me). This weekend (weather permitting) I'd like to get in a few long walks and I plan on dragging the man along with me. Next week, it's off to Kansas for a visit with my family and hopefully I'll get to try out my mom's elliptical. She asked me the other day if I'd help her get on track with eating and with exercising and that made me so happy. I'm hoping I can convince her to join MFP because I don't know where I'd be today were it not for the support and resources I've found here since the beginning of my journey.

Sounds like most everyone is doing great this week, it's so wonderful to see all those losses on the charts each time and it definitely serves as a motivating factor in my own life. Stay strong ladies and let's finish with a bang!
  • FrankyOsage
    Options
    i'm officially down a notch on my belt. whoo hoo lol
    Freaking Awesome!!