The geeks are all right here!

Options
My_Butt
My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
Whether it's fantasy or sci-fi, cosplay and conventions, or DC and Marvel, I love them all.
I actually got fit for cosplaying. Want to look strong to portray the characters the best I can. I am even learning bo staff for my all time favorites. So come and friend me.

Replies

• filmlass
    filmlass Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi, I cosplayed for the first time last year and loved it! I lost a bit of weight to do it but put it on again :( was going to cosplay again this year but not lost enough (and feel my age is against me anyway!). Well done for getting fit for it!
  • My_Butt
    edited February 2015
    Options
    filmlass wrote: »
    Hi, I cosplayed for the first time last year and loved it! I lost a bit of weight to do it but put it on again :( was going to cosplay again this year but not lost enough (and feel my age is against me anyway!). Well done for getting fit for it!

It's not about what you look like to cosplay, it's how you perform. And age is but a number. Have you seen how great Stan Lee looks? I have a friend who is actually a well known cosplayer and he's nearing 50 now.
  • dinosaurparty
    dinosaurparty Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Part of the reason I'm dieting is for ComiCon this year :) so stoked!
  • mikikassy23
    Options
    I'm trying to get weight down so I feel comfortable in cosplay again. It's hard so far but trying to keep the big picture in mind.
  • My_Butt
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Part of the reason I'm dieting is for ComiCon this year :) so stoked!

Which con are you going to? We're going to a Harper convention next week. Wizard world is this weekend, but they were too expensive when I went last year. Not a very good guest list either.
  • My_Butt
    Options
    I'm trying to get weight down so I feel comfortable in cosplay again. It's hard so far but trying to keep the big picture in mind.

That's what I keep thinking every time I don't feel like working out.
  • e_elizb
    e_elizb Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Can I add everyone on this thread? Lol I did my first comicon Saturday and I think I'm addicted. Went as Pool Party Leona from League of Legends. She's in a one piece but I would really love to get a body so I felt comfortable doing some of the more scantily clad characters.
  • laurahickman14
    laurahickman14 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    One step at a time - looking to make more friends and share lots of motivation and tips with you all - the more friends the happier!
  • dinosaurparty
    Options
    Which con are you going to? We're going to a Harper convention next week. Wizard world is this weekend, but they were too expensive when I went last year. Not a very good guest list either.

Assuming my passport goes through (oh god, haha, they're so slow) I'll be at Emerald City Comicon in Seattle :)

Yeah, everyone please add me if you'd like to! I've been thinking of making a group for people who are getting fit/slimming down for cosplay and other nerdy reasons :D Would anyone be interested in joining if I start it up?
  • Leithiana
    Options
    That's awesome. Cosplay is one of the reasons I'm trying to get in shape too. What's the one character that is really driving you to your goal? Like the first one you will cosplay once you reach it.
  • dinosaurparty
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Kind of weird, but I really want to do a Lady Aquaman once I feel comfortable having my legs all out there. I think it'd be fun to make a scale breastplate, and carry a giant trident around, haha.

Also it's kind of fun just saying 'Lady Aquaman'.

Couldn't help it - I made a group, haha. Sexy Nerds Unite - feel free to join if you'd like :D I'll probably change the logo once I find something a little better. I think it needs a lady in it, not just Thor and his giant arm.
  • e_elizb
    Options
    Leithiana wrote: »
    That's awesome. Cosplay is one of the reasons I'm trying to get in shape too. What's the one character that is really driving you to your goal? Like the first one you will cosplay once you reach it.

I would love to do Janna from LOL in her main skin. At least that's for super ripped. My next plan of attack for my next convention is lexa from the 100.
    Kind of weird, but I really want to do a Lady Aquaman once I feel comfortable having my legs all out there. I think it'd be fun to make a scale breastplate, and carry a giant trident around, haha.

Also it's kind of fun just saying 'Lady Aquaman'.

Couldn't help it - I made a group, haha. Sexy Nerds Unite - feel free to join if you'd like :D I'll probably change the logo once I find something a little better. I think it needs a lady in it, not just Thor and his giant arm.

Asked to join the group :)
  • dinosaurparty
    Options
    I added you! Now to think of some threads to start.
  • My_Butt
    Options
    Leithiana wrote: »

I want to do Harley Quinn from the Arkham city game. A female DEATHSTROKE is at the top of my list.
  • redbellsprout66
    Options
    Hey! I'm about 5'3 or 5'4 looking to cosplay as Marceline by October or so.. I'm new to MFP :>
  • Minervus
    Minervus Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm very into cartoons, comics, and video games.
    I want to cosplay as Connie from Steven Universe, Lulu from Final Fantasy, or Korra from The Legend of Korra by December.
    This is only one reason why I want to get fit, but I'm sooo looking forward to it!
  • e_elizb
    Options
    Minervus wrote: »
    Hello everyone! I'm very into cartoons, comics, and video games.
    I want to cosplay as Connie from Steven Universe, Lulu from Final Fantasy, or Korra from The Legend of Korra by December.
    This is only one reason why I want to get fit, but I'm sooo looking forward to it!

Do you have any planned cons?
  • e_elizb
    Options
    Hey! I'm about 5'3 or 5'4 looking to cosplay as Marceline by October or so.. I'm new to MFP :>

Welcome! You should try joining our group!
  • filmlass
    filmlass Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    It's not about what you look like to cosplay, it's how you perform. And age is but a number. Have you seen how great Stan Lee looks? I have a friend who is actually a well known cosplayer and he's nearing 50 now.[/quote]

That's true :) just need to lose the weight now! Stan Lee is awesome! He's going to be at the con am going to in April - so excited to meet him!
  • My_Butt
    Options
    filmlass wrote: »

That's true :) just need to lose the weight now! Stan Lee is awesome! He's going to be at the con am going to in April - so excited to meet him!

I got his autograph in 2013 at Wizard World Ohio. His line moved very fast since he has so many people wanting his autograph.