Eating too much

Options
when I got this app and started putting my info about me into it, it told me I was supposed to eat 710 calories a day. But I can never intake that much! Some days I eat a little more which is fine but other days like today I eat thousands of calories more! I burn it off with the treadmill but I need more help. WHAT TO DO?!?

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    I think you left out a 1. MFP would never recommend 710 calories a day.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

I've seen a few threads about MFP offering very low calorie goals. I think there may be a glitch in the system.

Depending on your goals op, 1700 cals may be right. I saw try it for month and then if you still feel like you are eating too much or if you have gained weight, re-evaluate your intake.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »

I've seen a few threads about MFP offering very low calorie goals. I think there may be a glitch in the system.

Depending on your goals op, 1700 cals may be right. I saw try it for month and then if you still feel like you are eating too much or if you have gained weight, re-evaluate your intake.

I've seen this too. I just went to see if MFP would give me a lower than 1200 calorie goal and it wouldn't (on the website) When I changed it back it recalcuated me at 20 calories less because I've lost a few pounds.

:(

This thread cost me 20 calories.
  • Azexas
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »

I've seen this too. I just went to see if MFP would give me a lower than 1200 calorie goal and it wouldn't (on the website) When I changed it back it recalcuated me at 20 calories less because I've lost a few pounds.

:(

This thread cost me 20 calories.

You can go in and manually enter your goals lol. Enter it yourself and give back those 20 calories B)
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    The more frightening option than MFP messing up and giving a ridiculously low daily goal is somebody claiming that they can't reach that ridiculously low goal.
  • Azexas
    Options
    The more frightening option than MFP messing up and giving a ridiculously low daily goal is somebody claiming that they can't reach that ridiculously low goal.

I have a sneaky suspicion maybe op made a typo in her original post and meant 1,710 calories but she hasn't come back yet.
  • Eudoxy
    Eudoxy Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I think she meant she can't eat that little.

It's a glitch on the mobile app. So if someone says they want to lose 2 lbs a week, it's giving them that 1000 cal deficit even if they don't have the leeway to do that, rather then stopping at 1200. It's awful and needs to be fixed asap, there's probably thousands of people signing up getting some ridiculous number to eat that don't know any better,
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    OP going by your photo you look like your close to goal weight. Try setting your weight loss goal to .5 of a kg or pound. The lowest one.

That should give you something more realistic and healthy.
  • I need help, i keep eating too much and i dont know how to stop, do anyone have advice to help me get my mind off of eating? I really need help
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    I need help, i keep eating too much and i dont know how to stop, do anyone have advice to help me get my mind off of eating? I really need help

Define too much. What did MFP calculate for your goal? What are you eating?