Fitness trackers... Which one?

Options
Hi everyone,

I'm thinking about buying a fitness tracker and was hoping some of you lovely people could help me decide which one. There are so many to choose from.

I have an iPhone 4 so not all models will link to it.

Hoping to hear from people who have or had one.

Thanks

Replies

• iankirsch
    iankirsch Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi.I run and have Garmin wrist device.i think all garmins link to I phones however a quick look on their website would confirm.they are accurate and easy to set .read and download. Hope this helps.
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I've had two fitbits and they have both stopped working.

• mauiupalu
    mauiupalu Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of getting the Fitbit surge for my first fitness tracker ,I'm a newbie in this kind of technology .
  • juliedee20
    juliedee20 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I had a Fitbit One and loved it! I have the Fitbit Surge now and really love it! I've only had it about a week and the hardest thing is the low battery life. Some people get 6 days and I get 2 but I'm still playing with it. I love the online community, similar to MFP and I can also compete with friends. It keeps me motivated!
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I had a Fitbit One and loved it! I have the Fitbit Surge now and really love it! I've only had it about a week and the hardest thing is the low battery life. Some people get 6 days and I get 2 but I'm still playing with it. I love the online community, similar to MFP and I can also compete with friends. It keeps me motivated!

Battery life on fitbit...

1. Turn all day syncing off. It kills battery life on both the phone and the device.

2. The silent alarm feature is a battery hog.

With the surge, the gps is a major battery hog. If it's possible (Idk if it is, I just have the charge hr) turn that of until you need it (running or biking).

You can also turn heart rate from "auto" to off, and only turn it on when you work out.
  • Jessitafv
    Options
    My boyfriend bought me the MisFit Shine, for us girls it comes with a beautiful necklace it fits into for fashionable wear, a wrist band for walking and sleep tracking, a clip on for cycling ormx0rnbt3qxch.jpg
    you can clip it on your shoes or a name tag for work step tracking. So far loving it and very accurate. It syncs with my fitness pal and iPhone . Check it out
  • David2788
    David2788 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I just use runtastic on my phone for running and the in built app to track my steps. Works fine for me. Battery life can become a bit of an issue.
  • theresakasel
    theresakasel Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've used a Body Media arm band in the past and I really liked it for it's accuracy. I dislike that you have this band around your upper arm that everyone asks questions about. (Plus, you have to pay something like $6/month for a membership to sync and log food.) I'm currently using an Up band from Jawbone. I'd probably like it better if I could sync it with my computer rather than only with an app on my phone/tablet. I'm not sure that it is as accurate with sleep and movement as the Body Media. (Jawbone and Body Media merged about two years ago.)
  • shaz_0206
    shaz_0206 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone.

I dont have a huge budget, taking that into consideration I think both the misfit shine and the fitbit charge would give me what I want.
  • holly77az
    holly77az Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I just got an UP24 with my co-worker so we can see what eachother is doing and its really helping because every day it keeps us motivated to do as many steps as we can when we see the other really diong well. Its good motivation.. although I think she's putting hers on her dog cause she gets way too many steps HAHA jk.. kind of..
  • mommymissy82
    mommymissy82 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Polar loop and loving it
  • VincitQuiSeVincit
    VincitQuiSeVincit Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I am a HUGE fan of the Jawbone UP band, I have had it for 3 years and yes, I have had to replace it 2x (but their customer service is INCREDIBLE, they just send me a new one!!). I find that it's more comfortable than a Fitbit (at least for me) and is pretty accurate with steps & calorie estimates. I love how effortlessly it syncs to MFP and also that it imports my meals from MFP so it goes both ways. I also have my band set to remind me to walk around every 45 minutes so it vibrates to motivate me as well as a wake-up alarm in the AM. I find that it's the most 360 approach to health- it encourages me to go to bed at a consistent time and will vibrate to remind me to do so. (These are all optional features, but I find that they are super helpful). RIght now, the original Jawbone UP (the one without bluetooth syncing that I have had for years) is on sale on Groupon for I think $50.