Whole30 Food/Recipes

Options
I have been living the Whole30 life for most of the last 6 months. I would love to see what some of your favorite foods are. :)

Replies

• aKate_
    aKate_ Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    This slow cooker lemongrass coconut chicken drumstick recipe is so tasty! http://nomnompaleo.com/post/5242279411/slow-cooker-lemongrass-and-coconut-chicken
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    Ibreatheimhungry.com
  • Pandas827
    Options
    1 table spoon Homemade paleo mayonnaise, 1 cubed and grilled chicken, 1/2 cup apple or strawberry, 1/4 cup green onion. Refrigerate and serve over 1 cup of kale
  • jagbug2014
    jagbug2014 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    This sound yummy! I'm starting a Whole 30 tomorrow morning. My Paleo mayo is already made and in the fridge!
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I just started Whole30 yesterday. I used Pinterest for meal ideas to plan for the coming weeks.
  • lotekgirl
    lotekgirl Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/101329-whole-30-challenge-round-2-starting-february-2-2015 please consider joining our whole 30 group! I am doing a reset as of today after a successful run in january. Many of the members there are no longer reporting since completing their 30 days in february and I am looking to add a few more active Whole30ers so we can get the group active again. It worked great in January for holding each other accountable and venting on the hard days!
  • lotekgirl
    lotekgirl Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    this may very well have been the most delicious dinner I've ever cooked....and my husband and two picky kids loved it too! here's what i did:

filled 2 large skillets with w30 compliant bacon and cooked it crisp. removed bacon but left all grease in both skillets. filled both skillets with trimmed and quartered fresh (NOT frozen!) brussel sprouts and a bit of fresh pressed garlic and cooked in the grease @ med/hi for about 3 minutes.

then i tore up a big bundle of fresh collard greens (leafy part only, leave the stems). cooked it for another 3 minutes and threw in 2 jars of artichoke hearts (drain the water first).

I poured the juice of 1/2 fresh lemon over the top and added plenty of salt & pepper. i crumbled the bacon into both skillets and stirred it all up. i chopped up 2 small grilled chicken breasts that i had left over and mixed it in and served it.

both huge skillets were completely empty between myself, my husband, a 9 year old and a 2 year old! we were practically licking our plates clean when we were done.

the best part is the kids couldn't taste the brussel sprouts (which they normally hate) and had no idea just how large of a serving of veggies they were eating because all they could taste was the bacon!