Hashimotos has me down I need a boost

Options
surly I'm not the only person with hashimotos( a different type of Graves' disease that causes hypo and hyper problems) most of the time I'm in a post hypothyroidism state and have trouble not only loosing weight but finding the energy to attempt to do so.

Replies

• smorgie2
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. It's really frustrating. I find that a diet low in most carbs (except high in veggies) works the best for me. I also had to cut my caffeine intake way back, to just a cup of coffee in the morning. Somehow that helped my energy levels a ton. Memory issues and generate fatigue are the worst parts for me for sure. Hope you are finding some success trying different methods of fighting it!
  • covinssexywife
    covinssexywife Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am currently just cutting back and working out more. I have to get labs done every 6 weeks because my levels are crazy even after radiation. I did notice that after giving up caffeine for about a month I felt better but when I slowly started drinking it again I would feel a bit sluggish at times. I'm the type of person that hates sweets, i don't eat candy or chocolate but I love coke and chips.
  • mira4thewin
    mira4thewin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have Hashimotos and Psoriasis. I have tried several diets and the Autoimmune Protocol is the only thing that works for me. For the first time in my life I can eat an even amount of carbs, fats, and protein and feel great/loose weight. It's just a starting point elimination type diet.