need some new ideas for packing work lunch

Options
JMCade
JMCade Posts: 389 Member
Okay I am bored with the stuff I pack for lunch and breaks to go to work. :yawn: Tell me what you have please!

Replies

• zumba66girl
    zumba66girl Posts: 136
    Options
    bump....need ideas too!
  • GrampsWooha
    GrampsWooha Posts: 184
    Options
    hot pockets of course ! Yummmmmmmmmmm!
  • dakoerber
    dakoerber Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I am looking for some new ideas too... I brought microwavable meals but don't like all the sodium.

I was bringing chicken and sweet potatos for awhile... have you ever tried ziploc's zip and steam bags? Those work great!!
  • memecade
    memecade Posts: 19
    Options
    Healthy Choice Cafe Steamers!!!! Made by ConAgra (apparently). LOL. The walmart diet frozen meals are good too! That and tuna salad...yummm
  • ginalhorst
    ginalhorst Posts: 23
    Options
    Make a salad in a to go plastic container
    baby spinach, carrots, sweet pepper, cauliflower, craisins, feta cheese, chick peas, chicken or tuna, almonds if you want- use a low fat dressing or I make my own with olive oil, cider vinegar and truvia.
    That's my go- to lunch
  • JMCade
    Options
    I am looking for some new ideas too... I brought microwavable meals but don't like all the sodium.

I was bringing chicken and sweet potatos for awhile... have you ever tried ziploc's zip and steam bags? Those work great!!
    No, I haven't seen those. Are they in with the rest on the ziploc stuff at the store? I'll have to check that out. Thanks!
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I love to have low fat cottage cheese and triscuits for snacks. For lunch what about a fat free refried bean burrito with some no fat cheese, salsa, and plain greek yogurt? That is always good. I have that with my veggie and I am good. Just be sure you use a whole wheat tortilla. You can also grill off extra chicken when you grill your meats and slice it to have with some broccoli or asparagus. The possibilities are endless.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    I pack lunches from left overs mostly. Today I had home made Red Beans and Rice with steam squash and peppers. Yesterday was grilled pork loin with 1/2 twice baked potato. You can really get creative that way! I throw in an occasional traditional lunch of sandwich and chips just for variety.
  • JMCade
    Options
    Healthy Choice Cafe Steamers!!!! Made by ConAgra (apparently). LOL. The walmart diet frozen meals are good too! That and tuna salad...yummm
    Lol! I haven't bought them for a long time. Are all of them good?
  • rachel0923
    rachel0923 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I hate packing lunch and snacks!
    Lunch:
    Boca burger on wheat bread with Laughing Cow cheese spread
    spinach or lettuce salad with protein
    leftovers from dinner

Snacks:
    yogurt (my fave is Vanilla Greek with strawberries to dip!)
    string cheese
    fruit
    veggies

it's so hard to get my act together in the morning to pack meals!
  • phy40
    phy40 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Any Fit N Active brand is good and the cost is affordable. I make a salad using the salad mix (topped with trail mix). Leftovers are great, such as meatloaf, chicken or turkey. Don't forget your fruit.
  • Steph62002
    Steph62002 Posts: 91
    Options
    I have been on a turkey kick lately. Sometimes I use whole wheat bread, other times I'll use a whole wheat tortilla and will fill it with lettuce, tomato and avocado.
    I love the Sabras hummus individual packs (2oz each). I will cut up a cucumber and red bell pepper to go along with that.
    Also love sunflower butter with honey wheat sticks! Yum.
  • sweetiepie31612
    sweetiepie31612 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Lots of salads, pita sandwiches with roasted red peper hummus, lettuce, cheese, and black olives, yogurt, bumblebee easy peel sensation(tuna), peanuts, almonds....

I used to do the cafe steamers or the prepackaged food, but I just didn't find them as filling as having a smaller lunch and munching on nuts. Added to that, they were very high in sodium.
  • kittytrix
    kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Chicken Cranberry salad. Uber easy to make.

Take some shredded chicken breast add some dried cranberries, walnuts apples if you'd like, some low-fat mayo, a bit of mustard and some garlic salt and you are done.

You can make it into a sandwich or add a scoop to some greens.

It tastes really fresh and it's quick and easy to make.
  • JMCade
    Options
    I love to have low fat cottage cheese and triscuits for snacks. For lunch what about a fat free refried bean burrito with some no fat cheese, salsa, and plain greek yogurt? That is always good. I have that with my veggie and I am good. Just be sure you use a whole wheat tortilla. You can also grill off extra chicken when you grill your meats and slice it to have with some broccoli or asparagus. The possibilities are endless.
    I have never tried the greek yogurt but man everybody talks about it on here. I put that one on my grocery list! Thanks!
  • JMCade
    Options
    Chicken Cranberry salad. Uber easy to make.

Take some shredded chicken breast add some dried cranberries, walnuts apples if you'd like, some low-fat mayo, a bit of mustard and some garlic salt and you are done.

You can make it into a sandwich or add a scoop to some greens.

It tastes really fresh and it's quick and easy to make.
    oooh that sounds delish!
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Homemade frozen dinners. Need:

Flat, sealable food storage containers (rubbermaid, ziploc, etc) preferably stackable ones.
    Grain (Rice, quinoa, cous cous, etc), measure, cook, divide into single servings
    Frozen veggies (combo veggies are awesome), measure out single servings
    Protein (chicken, lean beef, tofu, etc. work great), measure, cook, divide up into single servings.
    Sauce - Homemade, or prepackaged (just watch sodium).

Put a single serving of each component in a container. Label. Freeze. Grab on the way out the door. Profit! :bigsmile:

Rinse and repeat with different grain, veggie, protein, sauce combination for variety; assembly line style.

I currently have three varieties in my freezer and have another assembly line planned tonight.
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    I do a sandwich, fruit and veggie. This is much less processed food than the frozen options. If you prefer hot meals then pre-bake a meal or two and divide into frozen meals for lunch or make a bigger dinner and use the leftovers for lunch.
  • ttfit2
    ttfit2 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Today I had 3 slices of Dietz&Watson Smoked Turkey breast; 15 Nabisco Wheat Thins Fiber Select Garden Vegetable crackers, Cabot natural cheese (50% reduced fat), 15 grapes, 1/2 cup cucumbers and tomotoes with 1 tsp. EVOO+balsamic vinegar. Yummo. All of that was only 327 calories, but I felt like I was getting to eat a whole lot.
  • lottycat
    lottycat Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    * bump * off out now, but will totally give this a read later x