Need some help!

Options
I am looking to lose 10 pounds a month. Can I do this if I keep my calorie intake under 1300 and walk at a steady pace for 30 minutes a day? Every day of course Thank you for any answers or suggestions! :)

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    What are your stats?
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    Unless you're currently obese, 10lb/month is not a very realistic goal. Just stick to the 2lb/week goal for now, eating right up to your given goal EVERY single day and eating back at least half of your exercise calories. After about ~6 months you can re-evaluate whether the 2lb/week intake goal is too aggressive and lower the goal to 1.5 or 1lb/week, keep reducing the goal as you get closer to your goal weight.

This is a lifestyle change, not a reality TV show.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Two pounds a week or even 1 ½ pounds a week is fine. Your body will get to the finish line and it will be o.k.
  • redbellsprout66
    Options
    I actually weigh 257 and I am 5'3.. I thought this would be a realistic goal.. :)
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    I actually weigh 257 and I am 5'3.. I thought this would be a realistic goal.. :)

2lbs/week is the upper recommended goal. that's 8lb/month. Add initially greater losses due to water weight and you could easily lose more than 10lbs in the first month without having an excessively severe goal.

Take it slow.
  • starryphoenix
    starryphoenix Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I weighed 204 when I started and the first month I lost 10 lbs. Don't force it though. If it happens it happens.

I lost 8 pounds of water weight in the past two weeks just by improving my diet and drinking a lot more water. That is water weight though. I expect I'll slow down to one pound a week again now.
  • redbellsprout66
    Options
    Can do! Thank you so much! I don't mind taking the process slow :)