• UrnAsh_
    UrnAsh_ Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Me!
    I've also cut out the wine.
  • disneygirl626
    disneygirl626 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I love wine but I'm very good about just having one measured glass and logging the calories, though I haven't had any wine since I got home from vacation last month.
  • ShelleyG333
    ShelleyG333 Posts: 2 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I love my wine too...sigh...it is my only downfall :)
  • mgalsf12
    mgalsf12 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I am drinking a 5 ounce glass of pinot noir for dessert. :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    All things in moderation.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Who the H is saying goodbye to wine here? Blasphemy.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I'm a beer drinker. As a matter of fact I drank so much of it Friday night I had to count bottle caps the next morning in order to log it...don't even remember going to bed that night. :s
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    sjaplo wrote: »
    GingerSka wrote: »
    What's funny was once I cut out weeknight beer I was left with a (mostly) healthy diet. I've altered my portions but it's obvious my weight gain was primarily a result of beer. It's laughable, really. I might as well been eating seven donuts every night.

Huh. Minimum 24-36oz beer daily - wonder how that happened..............

t23raojmna23.png

Some people would rather skip the booze temporarily and lose the weight faster. Some don't have the TDEE for 2-3 drinks a night (most non-obese women) during weight loss or the interest in just one.

Your way is fine. Others' ways are fine. To each his own.

• SarahKhristan
    SarahKhristan Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

This deserves to be said again and again.

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    I'm not so much a wino, but I do like some on occasion. I prefer sparkly things like Prosecco and Moscato d'Asti...and once you open those, you kind of have to drink the whole thing.

Lately I've been doing social dancing at a place that is a wine bar. That is PERFECT. I can have one glass of something good and stop there without worrying about the rest of the bottle going to waste.
  • KBurkhardt08
    KBurkhardt08 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I understand your pain! I have one cheat day every week but I only have wine once every three weeks because I also cant do just one glass of wine. It usually ends up like a bottle...or a little more. Haha
  • Greenbomb
    Greenbomb Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

This deserves to be said again and again.

LOL...it's not goodbye forever...just until I kick start some weight loss. Wine and I are lifelong friends...
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    If it fits, drink it. I lost 11lbs in 2 months drinking 3-4 times a week.
  • dede667
    dede667 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    lilRicki wrote: »
    I have seriously cut back on my wine, due to the fact that I can't have just 1 glass either. And my ability to eat like I've never seen food once the first bottle is down lol. If I want a glass of wine, I'll put a low calorie drink in a wine glass and pretend, it makes me feel better ;)

• dede667
    Options
    dede667 wrote: »
    lilRicki wrote: »
    I have seriously cut back on my wine, due to the fact that I can't have just 1 glass either. And my ability to eat like I've never seen food once the first bottle is down lol. If I want a glass of wine, I'll put a low calorie drink in a wine glass and pretend, it makes me feel better ;)

• dede667
    Options
    I too love my glass of wine at night. Lately it is hard to have just 1. I am sure I would be close to my target if I cut out the 190 calories.
  • lydiarose9419
    Options
    I was the biggest wino red wine and cheese in the night sometimes a bottle or more I just love it! After stopping drinking it (because one glass leads to a bottle) I eat much less calories the week before valentines day so I could drink lots of red wine and eat everything ;) but watch out I would never get drunk before after one prosseco and half a glass of wine I was so drunk!!! I never really got drunk before this so this was very embarrassing haha my boyfriend has never let me forget it and now I am scared to drink!!! Haha anyone else experienced this? :)
  • lydiarose9419
    Options
    P.s this was 2 months after not drinking and eating clean carb free x
  • meltedsno
    meltedsno Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    who says you have to give up wine? I have 2 glasses a night... however, I choose to mix my wine with a tall glass of diet sierra mist. that 4 oz glass becomes 24 ounces. Sometimes I have a glass of beer instead (no, I do not mix it with diet sierra mist!). I just make sure that I have logged it all. Must be working as I have officially lost one whole me.
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Amazing how quick you lose when you banish wine, beer, and other alcohol. And feel better, in addition to the money!