What physically stops you from lifting heavier?

Options
124»

Replies

• glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    glevinso wrote: »
    mccoybrah wrote: »
    Sam_I_Am77 wrote: »
    Nothing, Squatting 400 for last set. Myron OP? Yea you mirin.

Nobody is impressed, there is one individual (I won't call him out) on this page that has a 600lb+ squat to his name, and you don't see him bragging.

you mad cos you cant do half of that on your last set? You really think Id brag here? Lel. I know lot of individuals who can do 600+ out but I see em mirin too

do you even type, bro?

Nobody is impressed, there is one individual (I won't call him out) on this page that has a 600lb+ squat to his name, and you don't see him bragging.

you mad cos you cant do half of that on your last set? You really think Id brag here? Lel. I know lot of individuals who can do 600+ out but I see em mirin too

do you even type, bro?

do you even abs, bro?

I would rather have the mental fortitude to type a complete sentence, then have abs.

but enjoy pumping gas for the rest of your life with communication skills like that. I'll stop in to say high next time I need my tank filled up.

Lmao. Sure brokeass, Mccoys park at collesiums. Come, We might give you "bama justice" on em arm jerkers.

English, please?

cutting pls

this is hilarious coming from someone with the mental capacity of a dinosaur...

I assume his comment meant something. What that could possibly be I have no idea, though.

I think he means I need to cut more so my abs show???

You got a lot more meaning from that than I did :)
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Hernia (fixed but still an issue) and torn rotator, better but..
    So I will never be back to lifting really heavy
  • FlabFighter86
    FlabFighter86 Posts: 233 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Bum fissure :(
  • mccoybrah
    Options

do you even type, bro?

do you even type, bro?

do you even abs, bro?

I would rather have the mental fortitude to type a complete sentence, then have abs.

but enjoy pumping gas for the rest of your life with communication skills like that. I'll stop in to say high next time I need my tank filled up.

Lmao. Sure brokeass, Mccoys park at collesiums. Come, We might give you "bama justice" on em arm jerkers.

English, please?

cutting pls

I assume his comment meant something. What that could possibly be I have no idea, though.

Elbowstoopointy/10
  • glevinso
    Options
    Oh now I get it. He is speaking in meme...

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    Wow... this *kitten* clown thinks we admire him? They make good drugs to help pull people out of their delusional fantasies. He might need to go talk to a psychiatrist for those though...

Yu mad now? Yea u mad. Crossfitters, when will they learn?

Magnetism, how does it work?

Inb4 OP of dys is born like this. U mad now?

I can deal with a few different languages. This one is new to me. Translate to english, bad english, portuguese, german, spanish, or mandarin please?

I believe that is textlandish
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Arthritis. I can only increase very slowly or else my joints become unusable for a couple days, even with medicine.
  • Hollywood_Porky
    Hollywood_Porky Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Wow... this *kitten* clown thinks we admire him? They make good drugs to help pull people out of their delusional fantasies. He might need to go talk to a psychiatrist for those though...

I can deal with a few different languages. This one is new to me. Translate to english, bad english, portuguese, german, spanish, or mandarin please?

Definitely outlandish, like out there somewhere... in space...

Everyone thinks I'm awful, at least I can form coherent sentences to form a halfway decent cogent argument. :wink:
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »

LOL at generalization that we crossfit.

Dunning Kruger effect.

Look it up, if you can spell it.

He wouldn't understand it even if somebody else looked it up and showed it to him.

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options

Definitely outlandish, like out there somewhere... in space...

Everyone thinks I'm awful, at least I can form coherent sentences to form a halfway decent cogent argument. :wink:
    cogent, don't go waving your $2 dollar SAT words up in these parts here!

refrigerator.
  • glevinso
    Options

do you even type, bro?

do you even type, bro?

do you even abs, bro?

English, please?

cutting pls

Elbowstoopointy/10

So lets break this one down. The "Elbows too pointy" meme refers to an ugly nerdy fellow (likely a parents-basement-dwelling perpetual virgin type) criticizing a picture of a hot young woman as not being up to his standards.

From our friend here's statement referring me as "elbowstoopointy/10" I can only assume he 1) actually finds me attractive and 2) thinks I am a little skinny. Well, as for skinny, yea that's me. Kinda happens with endurance sports.

But what I am slightly more concerned about is this charming fellow here is attracted to me, another guy. While I am flattered he finds me so irresistibly attractive that he needs to put me down, I am, in fact, straight. Now I am not one to judge anyone based on their sexual preferences, however I suspect he probably is unaware of his latent homosexuality and he is using his internet trolling to cover up the fact that he is, in fact, a closeted gay man. McCoy, it would probably do you quite a bit of good if you just came out at this point.
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    Needing a good spotter
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

do you even type, bro?

do you even type, bro?

do you even abs, bro?

English, please?

cutting pls

Elbowstoopointy/10

So lets break this one down. The "Elbows too pointy" meme refers to an ugly nerdy fellow (likely a parents-basement-dwelling perpetual virgin type) criticizing a picture of a hot young woman as not being up to his standards.

From our friend here's statement referring me as "elbowstoopointy/10" I can only assume he 1) actually finds me attractive and 2) thinks I am a little skinny. Well, as for skinny, yea that's me. Kinda happens with endurance sports.

But what I am slightly more concerned about is this charming fellow here is attracted to me, another guy. While I am flattered he finds me so irresistibly attractive that he needs to put me down, I am, in fact, straight. Now I am not one to judge anyone based on their sexual preferences, however I suspect he probably is unaware of his latent homosexuality and he is using his internet trolling to cover up the fact that he is, in fact, a closeted gay man. McCoy, it would probably do you quite a bit of good if you just came out at this point.

#comingoutofthecloset
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    But what I am slightly more concerned about is this charming fellow here is attracted to me, another guy.
    I'm straight, but really what's wrong with accepting a phone number or free drink from time to time? ;)
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Previous to changing to a split routine, it was recovery. I never got enough between sessions.

Right now it's form for my squat. Think I may have found a solution last session, though. Took a narrower stance (shoulder-width) and suddenly had a lot more power. I've had mental issues with squat in the past. I hate the feeling of being squashed by the weight. Makes me reluctant to work close to 1-rep max.

Grip on deads and rows. Chalk is helping.

On bench and OHP, it's strength. Smallest interval I can put on the bar is 5 lbs, and I can't increase my current weight by that much and succeed. Have to work my way up with more reps first.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »

LOL at generalization that we crossfit.

Dunning Kruger effect.

Look it up, if you can spell it.

He wouldn't understand it even if somebody else looked it up and showed it to him.
    Hence the lolz.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    What stops me?
    Slight fear of injury since I've hurt myself before so I'm taking my progression slow.
    But running is my main focus right now so have DOMS forever and having to run sucks.
    I can shift my focus back to lifting after Thanksgiving lol
  • rebeccamorgan58152
    Options
    Me arms fall off. Takes forever to find them and stick em back on again. Actually, back in the day when I could lift more than my fork, it was mostly poor form.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Lofteren wrote: »
    When you hit a wall on a lift, the problem is one of the following (this is true 100% of the time):

Physical
    Technical
    Mental

Physical limitations are when one of the muscles used to execute the movement is not strong enough to lift the weight. This is actually the rarest reason someone isn't getting stronger.

Technical issues are the most common reason a person isn't getting stronger. Don't just "fix" your form, perfect it.

Mental issues are the hardest to fix. I have trained lifters who were convinced that they could not deadlift a bar with 4 plates on each side. So I loaded the bar with three plates, a quarter and 2 ten lb plates on each side, didn't tell them how much it was and bam, they deadlifted it without a sweat. Don't let yourself get in your own way.
    Yup.

The mental for some lifts will be the limiting factor until someone's advanced. Deadlift being the one I think, because of the big three, it's the least "committed" one you do. The squat, that weight will drive you into the ground and pin you there. The bench, the bar can come down on your and squish something. Deadlift? Just drop it and all that discomfort is over.

My order is different. Squat is the easiest to quit on, it's too hard? Let the spotter grab me or bail. Bench is next, although I've been working it so hard that it's becoming a point of pride to grind through to lockout. Deads are the hardest to quit mentally on. Maybe because it's a point of pride to fight through a grinding rep, because my dead is my best lift by far.