125 Pounds Lighter!

Options
April1290
April1290 Posts: 31
edited February 2015 in Success Stories
Hi everyone! I was at 282 pounds in October 2013, that's when I decided to have gastric bypass surgery. I don't want any negative comments about the surgery on here, I don't need anyone telling me anything, I'm living happily after my surgery. I went from 282 pounds to 265 pounds the day of my surgery (03/10/14) & almost a year later I'm sitting at 158 pounds. I am SO happy with my decision. I'm so much more healthier, my BMI went from 45 to 25! I can do so much more than ever before, I have the courage to go out and do things I'd be afraid of before, and I'm so much more confident in myself as a person. It's been a very long, hard road but I finally made it. I'm happy with where I'm at now, just plan on toning up some. Here's the results so far! :)
m98gs69qnohm.jpg
7kzevom0ll6c.jpg

Replies

• craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    What a difference!
  • malou1985
    malou1985 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Good for u!
  • priyaFitnessFreak
    priyaFitnessFreak Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look great!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    You should be so proud of your accomplishment. You look awesome! (*)
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Good work. You look absolutely fantastic. <3
  • coueswhitetail
    coueswhitetail Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Wow! that's awesome, congratulations and thanks for sharing your success!!
  • Khalstead0517
    Khalstead0517 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful before and after....you have done such a great job! You look so full of life in your "after face pic" :D
  • DevotedOne9
    DevotedOne9 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I definitely think gastic bypass is an awesome alternative for some people. Let's face it, you can have all the motivation in the world, but if your stomach NEEDS food, and your body just CANNOT exercise, what do you do? You look fantastic!
  • cfischer81
    cfischer81 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    From what I have seen, Gastric Bypass is not magic cure. I'm sure you still worked really hard to get to where you are now! Congrats!
  • snowfallingsoftly
    snowfallingsoftly Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Wonderful. Enjoy yourself, you deserve it. (*)
  • TnZMom
    TnZMom Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    You look so pretty!
  • jessiruthica
    jessiruthica Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Well done with making such a big decision to change your life and then following through.
  • hward27
    hward27 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    April1290 wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I was at 282 pounds in October 2013, that's when I decided to have gastric bypass surgery. I don't want any negative comments about the surgery on here, I don't need anyone telling me anything, I'm living happily after my surgery. I went from 282 pounds to 265 pounds the day of my surgery (03/10/14) & almost a year later I'm sitting at 158 pounds. I am SO happy with my decision. I'm so much more healthier, my BMI went from 45 to 25! I can do so much more than ever before, I have the courage to go out and do things I'd be afraid of before, and I'm so much more confident in myself as a person. It's been a very long, hard road but I finally made it. I'm happy with where I'm at now, just plan on toning up some. Here's the results so far! :)
    m98gs69qnohm.jpg
    7kzevom0ll6c.jpg

• hward27
    hward27 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You look great! Beautiful!
  • lenac87
    lenac87 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Isn't healthy beautiful?!!!!
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Nice job
  • DeeNyceRN
    DeeNyceRN Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
  • senglishrose
    senglishrose Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    awesome! Congrats!
  • tricia7673
    tricia7673 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!