Any help to healthy snacks and stuff?

Options
It's taken me 6 weeks to to loose over a stone and I wanna keep going, does anyone know any nice snacks that aren't weight watchers or BGTY ones or fruit haha? I exercise daily too

Replies

• afur73
    afur73 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    i just made a batch of banana pancakes. tasty, full of protein and low cal. beat 2 eggs into a finely chopped banana. mix until smooth and cook as normal pancakes.
  • Canuckgirl77
    Canuckgirl77 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    afur73 wrote: »
    i just made a batch of banana pancakes. tasty, full of protein and low cal. beat 2 eggs into a finely chopped banana. mix until smooth and cook as normal pancakes.

this sounds delicious! no need to add vanilla?

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    My go-to snacks tend to be:
    nuts
    Greek yogurt
    hard boiled eggs
    string cheese
    beef or turkey jerky
    protein bars
    ice cream
    cottage cheese
    veggies & hummus
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I dont know what BGTY is, but some snacks I eat are:
    28 almonds (one serving) though these can be high in calories
    hard boiled egg
    yogurt with a TBS. of granola
    protein shake or muscle milk
    turkey on a slice of bread or on crackers
    cottage cheese
    hummus and veggies
    vita brownie or 100 calorie muffin top
    ...basically anything I would eat normally but smaller portions!
  • cmoorofum
    cmoorofum Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    town house crackers -pretzel kind and the PITa only 70 calories per 6 crackers
  • MelodyBrandy
    MelodyBrandy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Pretzels
    Popcorn
    Protein Bars
    Carrots
    Peanut butter
  • Khalstead0517
    Khalstead0517 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My fav thing right now is a frozen banana smeared with a Tblsp of peanut butter....perfect post workout and YUMMY!
    I also mix melted coconut oil with unsweetened cocoa power,dip frozen banana in choc and sprinkle with unsweetened flake coconut or chopped nuts.
  • diannethegeek
    Options
    I'm a big fan of the Laughing Cow cheese wedges, too. Smeared on a couple of crackers or some toast.
    Speaking of toast, avocado on toast with some salt & pepper.
  • MelodyBrandy
    MelodyBrandy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My fav thing right now is a frozen banana smeared with a Tblsp of peanut butter....perfect post workout and YUMMY!
    I also mix melted coconut oil with unsweetened cocoa power,dip frozen banana in choc and sprinkle with unsweetened flake coconut or chopped nuts.

Hmm... This actually sounds good and it's different. I might try it since I already have everything at home.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Make a batch of Low Fat Banana muffins-Spark recipe. Trail mix. 1/2 PB sandwich.
  • ILoveGingerNut
    ILoveGingerNut Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    what's wrong with fruit? it is way more satisfying and filling and lower in calories than anything else. my other options are carrot and hummus, 30 g of full fat cheese, greek yogurt, oatmeal, protein bar, a cuppa and a few biscuits. nuts are good too but so high in calories and i struggle to stop! but hey, a green apple is always best!
  • Emmalouisestar
    Options
    afur73 wrote: »
    Wow thanks
  • Emmalouisestar
    Options
    nuts
    Greek yogurt
    hard boiled eggs
    string cheese
    beef or turkey jerky
    protein bars
    ice cream
    cottage cheese
    veggies & hummus
    Ice cream, really?
  • diannethegeek
    Options
    nuts
    Greek yogurt
    hard boiled eggs
    string cheese
    beef or turkey jerky
    protein bars
    ice cream
    cottage cheese
    veggies & hummus
    Ice cream, really?

Yes, if I have room for it in my calories.

• Emmalouisestar
    Options
    nuts
    Greek yogurt
    hard boiled eggs
    string cheese
    beef or turkey jerky
    protein bars
    ice cream
    cottage cheese
    veggies & hummus
    Ice cream, really?

Yes, if I have room for it in my calories.

Wow how good I'll have to get some shame Ben and jerrys are all fattening
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    I eat ice cream every night. I buy it in the individual serving size containers (170 calories). It fits right into my calories and gives me something to look forward to. It's much easier to be diligent and keep my eating on track when I know I have planned indulgences to anticipate.
  • Emmalouisestar
    Options
    Ma
    yayamom3 wrote: »
    I eat ice cream every night. I buy it in the individual serving size containers (170 calories). It fits right into my calories and gives me something to look forward to. It's much easier to be diligent and keep my eating on track when I know I have planned indulgences to anticipate.

can I ask what brand or make it is? Wondering if they sell it near me if that's the case would make my day a bit better too haha! I thought icecream was bad for a diet lol
  • sunforme3
    sunforme3 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I tend to go to roasted veggies for a snack, oh and edamame, sprinkled with salt, yum!!
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    It's either called Edy's or Dreyer's slow churned (depending on what part of the US). It costs $1 where I live. My favorites are rocky road and caramel delight. Eat it slowly and savor every bite.

What I have learned from my success so far and from reading all of the wonderful advice on these message boards is that weight loss boils down to calories in vs calories out. The only thing needed to lose weight is a deficit, thus there are not good/bad foods. That's why MFP works. Health and nutrition can also be your goals. But you can still eat ice cream or anything else you want as long as you have budgeted the calories for that particular food. I know you can do this!
  • robyngrant739
    robyngrant739 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Sliced banana dipped in melted dark chocolate and freeze for half an hour..amazing :)