Lactose Free Protein Powders

Options
What's your favorite non-dairy protein powder? I purchased one with fiber and probiotics and it destroyed my stomach. :(

Replies

• ef21178
    ef21178 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I've used vanilla soy powder before. It's pretty good!
  • harpere87
    harpere87 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I have been using Spirutein that I bought in individual packets at my grocery store. It is plant based - I have problems with lactose and so far so good. I have also been told to look for "Whey Isolate" instead of concentrate and try that. The guy at GNC was very nice and explained it all to me, and told me that even if I opened and used some and it made me sick, they would let me return it.
  • isulo_kura
    isulo_kura Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    harpere87 wrote: »
    I have problems with lactose and so far so good. I have also been told to look for "Whey Isolate" instead of concentrate and try that. The guy at GNC was very nice and explained it all to me, and told me that even if I opened and used some and it made me sick, they would let me return it.

Whey still contains lactose yes a lot less than normal dairy but enough that could cause problems. There are many non dairy protein powders. The Vega range is good. I use Pulsin who do soya, hemp, pea and rice protein powders
  • AwfHand
    AwfHand Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Arbonne Essentials Protein Shake powder is made from plant based proteins. It is easier to digest and has never given me any stomach issues despite my best efforts. It costs more than the whey products, but is well worth it.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Kaizen All Natural Whey Isolate!
    SEW good.
  • NiftyPineapple914
    NiftyPineapple914 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    beef protein isolate