Keto people hola!

Hey guys an gal's...I started keto about a month ago. i really want to stick with it, would love to meet an get motivation from others that are currently doing the ketogenic lifestyle.
Im loving it at the moment, but still struggling a little, want to stick with it..
Would love to meet some people who are also doing it :)

Replies

• exccord
    exccord Posts: 1 Member
    Ive been doing it for the past few months or so and its by far the best *lifestyle change* I have ever done. With enough willpower and whatnot Ive managed to stick with it. Just starting to introduce myfitnesspal into my routine to track my consumption as I want to lose weight much faster. Where did you discover it?
  • rkulich
    rkulich Posts: 22 Member
    I sometimes cycle keto when trying to bust through plateaus. I can't seem to do it long term because my eyes get too dry and it makes wearing contacts painful. However, it is very effective for me in short bursts. Also, I don't think my wife is a huge fan off keto-breath lol...
  • aksteve777
    aksteve777 Posts: 184 Member
    I'm trying to do 5% carbs but still live life. It gets pretty boring I find but working for me none the less. It's new to me and am enjoying the extra fat intake. Yum I do 20% protien 75% fat.
  • FatAsianNerd
    FatAsianNerd Posts: 600 Member
    Heya!
  • I started around a month a go too but ended up cheating over valentines... ooops! Back on it since the day after though and have stuck to it. I do occasionally have a piece of very dark chocolate though.(85%) but I have ordered some cocoa nibs from Amazon so I am hoping to curb that craving! I have lost no weight but clothes are looser and so is my skin. I don't work out though but I do have 2 very small children who keep my on my toes. I am combining it with intermittent fasting (5:2) but can't quite stick to 500 cals on my fast days so they end up more 800... ;)
  • secretsquiral
    secretsquiral Posts: 329 Member
    exccord wrote: »
    Ive been doing it for the past few months or so and its by far the best *lifestyle change* I have ever done. With enough willpower and whatnot Ive managed to stick with it. Just starting to introduce myfitnesspal into my routine to track my consumption as I want to lose weight much faster. Where did you discover it?

I was into paleo last year, and loved it, and then i started watching this girl on utube, shes right into it also. Have learnt a lot from her!..Keep up the keto, glad your loving it too :)
  • secretsquiral
    So sorry people i totally forgot i did this post, eek lol..it didn't give me any updates in my emails, like the others.
  • secretsquiral
    rkulich wrote: »
    I sometimes cycle keto when trying to bust through plateaus. I can't seem to do it long term because my eyes get too dry and it makes wearing contacts painful. However, it is very effective for me in short bursts. Also, I don't think my wife is a huge fan off keto-breath lol...
    I hear ya, its not for everyone full time, but its good you go through stages with it..ohh an the keto breath does go! lol..but you gotta stick with it permanently hehe
  • secretsquiral
    aksteve777 wrote: »
    I'm trying to do 5% carbs but still live life. It gets pretty boring I find but working for me none the less. It's new to me and am enjoying the extra fat intake. Yum I do 20% protien 75% fat.
    Way to go!..it can get a bit hard, but there are some keto recipe's about, which change it up, if you get bored with the same ol

• secretsquiral
    Heya!

And a hello to you too! : )

• secretsquiral
    I started around a month a go too but ended up cheating over valentines... ooops! Back on it since the day after though and have stuck to it. I do occasionally have a piece of very dark chocolate though.(85%) but I have ordered some cocoa nibs from Amazon so I am hoping to curb that craving! I have lost no weight but clothes are looser and so is my skin. I don't work out though but I do have 2 very small children who keep my on my toes. I am combining it with intermittent fasting (5:2) but can't quite stick to 500 cals on my fast days so they end up more 800... ;)
    Oh, a little cheat is fine, we are all human after all ! :)...Ive had the odd chocolate here an there!
    I'm the same with the weight loss, i haven't lost very much, but my skin an clothes are defenetley fitting me better. I think its good to lose slow, skin is better at adapting to the change!...I did intermediate fasting last year on paleo, but i did 5 hours where i ate all my calories, i actually did well an lost my belly fat with it.
    I want to adapt to keto a bit more than inte mitt again , possibly this coming Monday. And i just do some fast walking for now, with light weights, working my way up to being brave an go the gym! ..keep up with the keto! :smile: