lost over 100+ lbs ...but still no GF

Options
13»

Replies

• Inittowinit11
    Options
    Don't rush it, it isn't what it's cracked up to be. If you wait patiently love will find you. Just focus on you and tell your mom that her comments hurts your feelings (I know about that - my mom can be quite out spoken about things!) and that you'd like her to stop. Embrace your singleness! Take trips when possible, go to social gatherings, and before you know it she'll find you. Plus, I don't think being single is so bad..I love it! Great job on your weight loss - awesome accomplishment!
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Come on dude..... dont stress about stuff like that. It will happen, just go with the flow and enjoy your new lifestyle a while. By no means do I mean any disrespect for your mom, but tell her to chill out and when a girl comes along that you want to spend time with, you will!

Use that new found confidence that comes with losing the weight you have and make it work to your advantage. Trust me buddy, there are loads of single ladies out there that would love to meet you and go out with you...... they just dont know it yet. YOU have to show them why you are an awesome dude!

Be confident, but dont be too cocky either. Just be yourself, thats what they want....... am I a right ladies??
    That's right! :wink: :tongue:
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I also recommend dating sites! I met my current (and two before that) boyfriends online. It's hard to meet people, especially as you get older (after high school/college it's like, hey, where do I meet people?) but if you put an ad on Craig's List or join a dating site you can meet some people that right off the bat will have some things in common for you. Good luck! I'm a firm believer that if you are ready for love and put yourself out there you will find it!
  • Nodaa
    Nodaa Posts: 40
    Options
    People who loves you, wont love you because of your shape. It is all about your inside of you. I have many friends are overweight, and still in love! Just make sure to be YOU, and be normal with everyone.
  • bike4now
    bike4now Posts: 52
    Options
    Confidence will definitely help.
  • ThermalYew1
    ThermalYew1 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    When you guys say go out to those places... just randomly start talking to people??
  • karamille
    karamille Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    What are you doing to meet new people? Are you involved in any activities? Do you go the gym? Its a great place to meet girls? Are you putting the word out to your friends/family that you are open to be fixed up on a blind date? Have you gone power dating? Have you tried match.com or eharmony.com? Typically girls don't fall out of hte sky so you gotta get out there and put in the effort to meet them. :) Good luck!
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    *tuning in*.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Women are the devil, thus the reason i'm not a lesbian.....jk....but to be honest, that person will come when you least expect it and when you stop looking/searching....I used to want to be with someone, and the THOUGHT of it is actually better than the REALITY of it, but hopefully when you get a gf it will be everything you thought/wanted and more!
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    When you guys say go out to those places... just randomly start talking to people??

Yes, you have to become a great actor if you are wanting to meet a woman. You have to act like it's not nerve racking to just strike up a conversation with someone you don't even know, because woman like confidence. Even if you aren't confident at all, you have to pretend you are. When I go to the bar I always meet new people and converse with complete strangers....btw liquid courage is a wonderful drink, just be sure not to get TOO much liquid, cause then youll be slurring and confessing supressed child hood secrets.which is NOT a turn on lol
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I would keep trying the online thing for now. Have you tried craigslist personals? I met my husband through craigslist. I'm not gonna lie, you'd probably have to weed through quite a bit of creepy e-mails, but its free and a good way to meet people. Even if you just go out a few times.

I'm talkative/outgoing once I know someone, but I could never just go up to a random person in a bar and try to pick them up. So just "going out and meeting people" did not work for me. And I had the same problem you do, all the same group of friends, so either everyone's dating someone, or they're all dating each other...sometimes its just hard to branch out. lol

For what its worth, your really cute, so I don't think you'd have problems getting a girls attention if you met her in the right place.
  • ThermalYew1
    ThermalYew1 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thanks, haha :) I have tried Plenty Of Fish... nothing. I go to the gym but usually never talk to anyone...and I think it'd be kinda weird to just randomly start talking to someone when their working out LOL! ...speaking of im off to the gym now HAHA