Beter than Facebook

Options
muvera
muvera Posts: 3 Member
I actually don't like face book for many reasons, one is that it's way overrated and think it docent do anything for humanity other than waste your time on gossip. I am physically active and I rather be doing something useful other than exchanging photoshoped photos or looking cute on a post. (Lol) . I think myfitnesspal was designed for people like me. Yei! finally something productive - Makes you eat less, tracks and I can share my progress with my family. FYI this photo is old and keeps me from over eating.

Replies

• tigertown11
    tigertown11 Posts: 310
    Options
    I am so with you on that!!
    FB has caused unsocial, ignorant behavior among many people.
    It is so negative!
    So on that note.. I'm glad you are here with us. I have only been here 3 days and feel so much better just having some positive people in my life!!
    AMEN
  • DarthBubbles
    DarthBubbles Posts: 138
    Options
    This is like FB for chubby people...but we all have a common goal and it' s waaaaaaaay better :bigsmile:
  • Anolte76
    Anolte76 Posts: 105
    Options
    I agree 100%. I don't even get on FB anymore since I found this site.
  • Pril2000
    Pril2000 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Lol. Love this post. I also keep a picture of myself from my fatter days to keep me on track. My brother in law refers to it as "the picture where you look like someone stole your cheeseburger". It's totally motivational. :)
  • vsyates
    vsyates Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with you! I'm in awe of some of the things people post on FB. Do they not know or even care what it sounds like? Filled with a lot of negativity....... I haven't even signed onto FB since joining this site. Everyone here has a common goal and is so supportive. Cheers :drinker:
  • Still_Sossy
    Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    This is most def. better than FaceBook. You get great advise, I personally have learned a lot about nutrition and exercise, you get healthy, share recipes and such, awesome support, I have also learned to say I can instead of saying I can't with the support I have gotten here, and you can have a he** of a good time doing it! What's not to love?
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    I do find I am on MFP way more than on FB..... if MFP had a chat feature, it would be perfect!

the MFP community has such a better vibe about it..... we are all in this together, .....strangers from all walks of life, but brothers and sisters in our collective journey for a healthier lifestyle :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: ....... (OK....thats my 1 philosophical moment of the day)
    Now, to put put that in plain English, this place is the F'ing bomb!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • lovekinds2001
    Options
    LOL Im so with you on that one. I feel more productive on this site... I love it!!
  • tmthorn0927
    tmthorn0927 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    What's FB??? Just kiddding :) I still can't get over the number of people who tell me they don't talk on the phone anymore because they text. I don't text and have lost friends because of it. All of this technology is making us less social!!! :yawn:
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Funny! I've actually refered to this as 'fitness facebook' before :)

Welcome ;) Feel free to add me if you are looking for friends. you will do great on your journey!
  • deniseg31
    deniseg31 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I really like this because you can post your "weight" issues/success on here and NOT feel judged for over-indulgeing or "bragging" about our weight loss or how healthy you are or want to become. So I love it! :)
  • spr_chkn
    spr_chkn Posts: 48
    Options
    This is like FB for chubby people...but we all have a common goal and it' s waaaaaaaay better :bigsmile:

LOL that's what my son calls it..."look, mom's on her chubby fb again". Yes, way better :wink:
  • aristel
    aristel Posts: 110
    Options
    :happy:
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I agree! I was just telling my boyfriend those same things yesterday. I am addicted to this site! :love:
  • tinytini
    tinytini Posts: 7
    Options
    My friends at work and I are on here and have already said it is wayyy better than FB!! It's so funny that other people think the way we do!
    Plus - it is the only site NOT blocked by our organization!
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    w220453665.jpg
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    It's kind of funny when I see posts like this...yes there have been others. Bottom line, if you're having a bad experience on FB, then it has everything to do with what people you allow as friends....the company you keep in other words.

When people on FB start pi***ng me off, I unfriend them...bye bye. It's that easy.:wink:
  • ChunTingO
    ChunTingO Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    agreed! i have nothing but head aches from FB...so many problems. I love MFP because everyone is here to be better! and support each other.....I FEEL THE LOVE!
  • ChunTingO
    Options
    It's kind of funny when I see posts like this...yes there have been others. Bottom line, if you're having a bad experience on FB, then it has everything to do with what people you allow as friends....the company you keep in other words.

When people on FB start pi***ng me off, I unfriend them...bye bye. It's that easy.:wink:

amen
  • ChunTingO
    Options
    What's FB??? Just kiddding :) I still can't get over the number of people who tell me they don't talk on the phone anymore because they text. I don't text and have lost friends because of it. All of this technology is making us less social!!! :yawn:

your right i noticed that and its sad