New to this. Medication and health battles with weight.

Options
acollett23
acollett23 Posts: 4 Member
edited February 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hi, I am back on here after a few years. I have a life threatening illness and have been recently put onto some medication which has a high chance of making you put weight on.
I am on tons of medications that all have different side effects. I really don't want to put weight back on as it depressed me so much.! Does anyone have any suggestions of how to start??

Replies

• sewan86
    sewan86 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm on meds and find it really difficult to lose. All u can do is stick to the daily cals and exercise as much as your able and the weight will come off. I can't seem to lose very quickly but I feel so much better for living better and I am losing so all good.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome!! Sorry to hear about your health troubles!! That kind of sucks!! read the stickies at the top of the getting started boards. Like this one

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

Hope you feel better soon :)
  • Giantsfanatic4life
    Options
    I feel you on the medication issue. My health problems aren't that serious with just Insomnia and Anxiety but while on my medication I've put on a lot of weight.
  • acollett23
    edited February 2015
    Options
    sewan86 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm on meds and find it really difficult to lose. All u can do is stick to the daily cals and exercise as much as your able and the weight will come off. I can't seem to lose very quickly but I feel so much better for living better and I am losing so all good.
    Thank you.! We understand what each other mean.
    It's the side effects of tiredness etc that are so hard battling through. I have started at a gym a couple of months ago and have been on and off there as of illness and accidents. What do you do to help you? x
  • acollett23
    Options
    I feel you on the medication issue. My health problems aren't that serious with just Insomnia and Anxiety but while on my medication I've put on a lot of weight.

I suffer with anxiety, clinical depression, insomnia as well as my illness so it's all and really. I'm sorry your not having a nice time of it with weight too.! x
  • aksteve777
    aksteve777 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'm a brain injury survivor, low testosterone, damage to my thyroid, hypothalamus, pituitary front right lobe and temporal lobe. I wont go into depth but have found that low carb and exercise has freed me from so much. It eases depression better than the meds are the studies I've read. I sleep better as I work out at night and as far as anxiety I've leaned to flee events and people that make me sick. I hope you can find a way to win. Its not easy and is a lonely road. Feel free to stay in touch.
  • acollett23
    Options
    aksteve777 wrote: »
    I'm a brain injury survivor, low testosterone, damage to my thyroid, hypothalamus, pituitary front right lobe and temporal lobe. I wont go into depth but have found that low carb and exercise has freed me from so much. It eases depression better than the meds are the studies I've read. I sleep better as I work out at night and as far as anxiety I've leaned to flee events and people that make me sick. I hope you can find a way to win. Its not easy and is a lonely road. Feel free to stay in touch.
    I'm really sorry to hear about what you've been through! I have Secondary Addison's Disease (Pituitary Condition). Because of it I've had depression and these new tablets I'm on are apparently one of the worst for weight gain.! I've tried on two pairs of my normal trousers this morning and they don't fit me now. So quite upsetting.! Am off to the gym tonight. Definitely having to watch what I eat with these and just hope to god that exercise can help.