Sprouted Bread vs Wraps ( gluten-free )

Options
What is a better option Ezekiel Sprouted Bread or Wraps ( gluten-free ) or are they one in the same

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Better in what way?
  • healthyhairdresser
    Options
    I am curious if the wraps are any good! I have tried other gluten free/paleo wraps and they are either gross or crumbly mess
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options
    I am curious if the wraps are any good! I have tried other gluten free/paleo wraps and they are either gross or crumbly mess

A corn tortilla is gluten free and makes a nice wrap.
  • Testami73
    Options
    I like to use bib lettuce as my wrap. Been wheat-free (allergic to wheat) since 2000 and the gluten-free options are great now.
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    The only ezekiel sprouted grain bread I've seen has gluten in it.
  • healthyhairdresser
    Options
    @Need2Exerc1se‌ - Are you using homemade or store bought? All my store bought corn tortilla fall apart/crumble unless they are heated up! Any tips?

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    neither...

• Need2Exerc1se
    Options
    @Need2Exerc1se‌ - Are you using homemade or store bought? All my store bought corn tortilla fall apart/crumble unless they are heated up! Any tips?

When I use them, which is not often, I use store bought and I heat them.
  • AshC1023
    AshC1023 Posts: 109
    edited February 2015
    Options

I make enchiladas out of corn tortillas. To make them soft and roll better, we fry them. The alternative "frying" is using a shallow fry pan with a little bit of water (less than half an inch) get it boiling and "fry" them in it (I hold one end with my fingers, wait until it's softer, then flip it) and roll them. They still taste great this way and no oil.
    Also, don't keep them refrigerated and they don't crumble. They don't need to be refrigerated.
  • healthyhairdresser
    Options
    @AshC1023 - Ah we always refrigerate them! .... hmmm I donno why we just always have. I use them regularly for "hot" foods but we normally use oil, will have to try the water. Thanks :)
    I was asking more in regards to wraps (like sandwiches) which wouldn't be warmed up necessarily though.

(sorry OP if I jacked your thread a little bit :( )
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options
    @AshC1023 - Ah we always refrigerate them! .... hmmm I donno why we just always have. I use them regularly for "hot" foods but we normally use oil, will have to try the water. Thanks :)
    I was asking more in regards to wraps (like sandwiches) which wouldn't be warmed up necessarily though.

(sorry OP if I jacked your thread a little bit :( )

I warm all tortillas before using because the package always says to warm them.
  • jmurguia78
    jmurguia78 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks for info on Sprouted Bread vs Wraps
    Tortillas depends what brand. Usually the really good Mexican markets make their own which you can tell the difference . I make a veggie enchilada casserole and just dip them in the sauce and start to layer like lasagna and avoid the whole oil situation. Don't miss the the fried tortillas at all.
  • jmurguia78
    jmurguia78 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Better in what way?
    Just healthier