anybody else have sleeping issues on a diet?

Options
2»

Replies

• lydiarose9419
    Options
    Thank you Sarah and Elphie :)
    At the Drs next I will bring it up :)
    Xxxxxxx
  • 1JoshG
    1JoshG Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if its related but does anybody else experience trouble getting to sleep? Just a question as somebody mentioned it earlier and I was wondering if it's just a big coincidence :) p.s it's not because I go to bed hungry etc because I don't :) x

I got to bed hungry. It's because I used to eat a large "snack" before bed. I have trouble falling asleep and have been taking melatonin to help with that.
  • nutritionenthusiast
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »
    I don't overexcersise have anorexia or drink caffeine ........
    Is your goal to look like your avatar picture? Because your avatar looks to be a generic thinspo image and you've lost 34lbs since January, which is a lot considering you only have 56lbs to lose overall. Assuming you started Jan 1st, that's over 1.6lbs/week.

I don't believe her avatar looks like a thinspo image. I'm thin and I eat A LOT. I think it's unfair people can pick on 'thin' people but if it's the other way around it's not acceptable.

If her goal is that picture, I believe that's great - she looks healthy and fit. Everyone's body goals are different - that's what makes us unique :)
  • megsta91
    megsta91 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I don't see anything wrong with her avatar picture.
  • mosspadron
    mosspadron Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I had trouble sleeping last night for the first time since I started my diet 9 days ago. I wasn't hungry when I went to bed and I don't drink caffeine. I'm having trouble sleeping again it's currently 11:39pm in California. But I take benadryl as a sleep aid because it's non habit forming. I'm just waiting for that to kick in.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,624 Member
    Options
    megsta91 wrote: »
    I don't see anything wrong with her avatar picture.

She changed it... It used to be generic thinspo.
  • ana3067
    Options
    I'm not dieting though and I definitely do not have an eating disorder :(
    All I asked was if weight loss affects sleep. My weight loss comes from coming off of steroids and becoming more mobile.
    I've always eaten good healthy foods even when I was ill. I'm physically unable to exercise.
    I use this site just to track my loss and seeing some before and after pictures puts a smile on my face which I enjoy and makes me feel more positive rather than depressed about my gain.

Healthy is subjective though. Lots of people think they eat healthy but only log 800 calories. Just based on the old picture and fast loss, that's why I asked. So if you are consistently netting over 1200 as a minimum (the minimum "safe" number) then I apologize for the assumption, but without giving as much info as possible its difficult to give any info to you without going off of assumptions. If you're now moving more then what used to be a normal intake may now be too low for a more sustainable weight loss, so that is something to keep in mind. With around 20lbs left to lose if I'm recalling your ticker right, 1.6 lbs a week is not ideal - 0.5 to 1lb are recommended so you can ensure you are eating enough to fuel your regular life activity and your exercise if doing any and to make sure you are able to stick with your weight loss. If you are losing weight you are dieting (one's dietary intake does not need to change outside of calories for dieting to take place, which thus results in weight loss). Do you have weight loss selected as a goal in your settings? If so I'd recommend setting it to 1lb and eating all those calories plus any exercise calories if you log exercise at some point.

How long have you been of steroids? Is your doctor aware of your sleeping issues? Is your problem getting to sleep, staying sleep, both?
  • katkins73
    katkins73 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I started tracking my menstrual cycle and realise I get insomnia around ovulation time and TOTM. If your insomnia cones and goes then maybe you should start noting it. I make an essential oil mix with cedar wood, lavender and valerian and I haven't had any insomnia since! I recommend it :) by the way you avi is my dream body :D
  • ana3067
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »
    I don't overexcersise have anorexia or drink caffeine ........
    Is your goal to look like your avatar picture? Because your avatar looks to be a generic thinspo image and you've lost 34lbs since January, which is a lot considering you only have 56lbs to lose overall. Assuming you started Jan 1st, that's over 1.6lbs/week.

I don't believe her avatar looks like a thinspo image. I'm thin and I eat A LOT. I think it's unfair people can pick on 'thin' people but if it's the other way around it's not acceptable.

If her goal is that picture, I believe that's great - she looks healthy and fit. Everyone's body goals are different - that's what makes us unique :)

Her picture has changed. Used to be something like this, which is generic thinspo, although it wasn't sexualized like this. The rib cage sticking out, any bones sticking out, tend to be red flags for this if that is the focus of the picture.
    ab-thinspo.jpg
  • ana3067
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    I've always had trouble getting to sleep. I take melatonin tablets and they are amazing. Only thing that really works besides prescription meds.

I second the melatonin. I am prescribed ambien, but can only really take it if I have 12 hours between taking it and having to wake up. It just knocks me out so much. I have found that melatonin helps if I can't fall asleep. I try not to take anything though if I don't have to.

What works for me is the following:
    - not drinking anything an hour before bed (otherwise I always feel like I have to pee)
    - Keeping my bedroom a bit chilly
    -going from a hot shower to the chilly room
    - not watching TV or being on the computer/cell phone for 30 mins before bed
    - Dim lighting before bed
    - Black out curtains (I work nights so this keeps the sun out)

I'm learning that the computer/phone thing is my issue lol. I can't quit them
  • lydiarose9419
    Options
    Ana ... I probably eat over 2000 cals a day the weight is falling off naturally due to coming off medications that made me gain so much .
    Stop with a the eating disorder thing
    Yes I have thin avatars because I like looking at them as it reminds me of my body before my illness. I've said my reasons for using this site.

It's ignorant of you to accuse me of having an ED and having Thinspo or whatever that is
    I'm not going to starve my body and purpously harm it after being critically ill I am not into that I'm just happy to be healthy
    Everybody has been great answering my question I was just wondering if weight loss affected sleep. That is all.
    I'd appreciate it if you didn't post any more irrelevant comments