Hard work with underactive thyroid.. nearly at goal weight but would like ongoing support. Add me :)

Options
meanie1978
meanie1978 Posts: 10 Member
edited February 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hi I didn't even know this was on here. I've nearly completed my journey of weight loss I just need the motivation to keep my lifestyle this way.
Add me so we can motivate each other xx

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    MFP has a Hypothyroidism & Hyperthyroidism group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/753-hypothyroidism-and-hyperthyroidism

I have Hashimoto's (autoimmune thyroid disease), and I've successfully maintained for 7 months. Congratulations on your loss!
  • meanie1978
    meanie1978 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Well done... Doctors mess with my medication and my weight goes up and down like a yo yo..
    It's so frustrating.
    Gonna check out the link now.
    Thanks xx
  • editorgrrl
    edited March 2015
    Options
    meanie1978 wrote: »
    Doctors mess with my medication and my weight goes up and down like a yo yo. It's so frustrating.

I totally understand! Hashi's is autoimmune, and sometimes your thyroid responds to the attack by producing too many hormones but other times it doesn't make enough. The ups & downs are frustrating.

Thyroid meds (just like weight loss) take a whole lot of trial & error to find what works for you. Do not give up!
  • editorgrrl
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Weight loss is not linear—even with a perfect thyroid. Some weeks you do everything right but maintain—or even gain. Others you lose a whole lot in a "whoosh." Just look for a downward trend.

Thyroid meds (in my case, Synthroid & Cytomel) reduce the fatigue, so I can be more active. But I kept gaining until I learned to log accurately & honestly. Logging works!