15 minute workout?

Options
Hi guys I was just wondering. Is a 15 min strength workout sufficient enough for me to get stronger. I am very limited on time, but try to alternate between arms and leg day every day? Is this good? Any ideas on workouts?

Replies

• bodyzen
    bodyzen Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    If you're a complete beginner, then anything is better than nothing, and a 15 minute strength workout will absolutely benefit you. Especially if you're someone who can work at a high intensity for short periods of time, sometimes 15 or 20 minutes might be all you need.

I typically do strength for 20-45 minutes, but every body is different and people have different goals. I would suggest you start with 15 minutes each day, mix up where you're targeting the muscles, and week by week see how you progress - maybe increase the amount of time and/or increase the weight and play around with different types of exercises etc. :)
  • stormintormenta
    Options
    bodyzen wrote: »
    If you're a complete beginner, then anything is better than nothing, and a 15 minute strength workout will absolutely benefit you. Especially if you're someone who can work at a high intensity for short periods of time, sometimes 15 or 20 minutes might be all you need.

I typically do strength for 20-45 minutes, but every body is different and people have different goals. I would suggest you start with 15 minutes each day, mix up where you're targeting the muscles, and week by week see how you progress - maybe increase the amount of time and/or increase the weight and play around with different types of exercises etc. :)

I am able to work at a high intensity since I run Cross Country for my high school. Thanks!
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    You'd be better off doing a 30 minute strength program 3X a week (total time investment: 90 minutes) than 15 minutes 7X a week (total time investment: 105 minutes). Have you heard of the program StrongLifts 5X5? It's very structured so that you're not wasting any of your time.