Scared........

Options
lucycaz
lucycaz Posts: 191 Member
Well I have gone and done it I have booked an appointment to join a Gym....

I have felt too embarrassed to go to a gym for years and have decided that if I am serious about losing the 150lbs I need to get rid of once and for all.

I have found a great personal trainer who is going to work with me he has promised to shout at me regularly (something I need) he has also promised that he will make me laugh when I feel like crying...

So here I go...... Watch this space all support and encouragement greatly appreciated.....

Replies

• myvenus
    myvenus Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    That is a great NSV, you go girl!! that takes alot of courage, I know, so you made the hardest step and you will do this!! keep up the committment :flowerforyou:
  • Ekeras
    Ekeras Posts: 22
    Options
    Goodluck! You can do it! Just believe in yourself and trust that any effort you put in is putting you one step closer in the right direction. It WILL work, it just takes time...

Best of luck!
  • Munchiemooka
    Munchiemooka Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Cheering you on all the way :bigsmile:
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS...and do not be embarrassed or afraid...you can do this!!!!
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    1st step may feel the hardest to you

but all the steps after that are easier!
  • KaizokuNoMaiku
    Options
    Thats awesome ! Dont worry at first its scary but after 2-3 days that feeling is long gone and after a while the Gym will be nothing but a great habbit =)
  • LemonCitron
    LemonCitron Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I don't know ANYONE who thinks badly of larger people at the gym. I'm more like "You go girl!!!" (or man, lol)

Honestly you have nothing to be ashamed of. Have fun!!!
  • Solat37_Neil
    Solat37_Neil Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I hated the first visit to the gym too, I felt so out of place.. after a few visits tho, you'll be fine.. Take no notice!!! Enjoy :o)
  • Genie30
    Genie30 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Thats the hard bit done! It can only get easier from here right? Congratulations on joining and finding a good trainer :-D
  • BlackStarlight
    BlackStarlight Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Oh huni give it everything you have! You're already doing so well on your journey iuts just another step towards it feel free to add me im always around xxx
  • myvenus
    myvenus Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    you can climb a mountain, one rock at a time!!!
  • Mrs_TrimWaistFatWallet
    Options
    Hey! No reason to be embarrassed! Everyone's there to be healthy, and so are you, so try to enjoy it!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I am one chunky monkey, and to be honest with you, the gym is my favorite. I have tried to do zumba, and cardio boxing and all that jazz...but in the end I need a good sweat on the elypticall and my sad attempts at crunches. It's tough, I'm not going to lie, but think of the calories you'll burn, and the food you get to eat lol...you aren't going to be the only one there in sweats and a t-shirt instead of spandex shorts and a sports bra. People don't have the balls to sneer at me when I'm loping down the isle looking for a machine...what are they going to call me fat? I know that! That's why I'm here stupid! You'll do great, enjoy what your personal trainer teachers you because one day you'll be on your own. And don't worry about what other people are thinking, they're to busy looking at themselves and critisizing their 6 packs...
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    You can do it! When I joined a gym, I wanted one that had "real" people in it. I don't want to go to one with a bunch of body builders or people who are in incredible shape. I wanted it to be full of people in all stages of this journey. I found one and I'm extremely happy there. :)
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Good for you! The first steps are always the most difficult. You should be very proud of yourself!
  • megansmom311
    megansmom311 Posts: 168
    Options
    Good for you!! :flowerforyou:
  • sunnyrunner23
    sunnyrunner23 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Great for you!! i think you will find that every step you take, even though you are scared, will give you the courage and confidence to do even more!!

You will look back on this and smile in the days to come!
  • taldie01
    taldie01 Posts: 378
    Options
    You can do it! You are doing this for you, it does not matter what other people think, dont let anything hold you bac from trying new things
  • tkb3abby
    tkb3abby Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You can do this!!! We're all rooting for you!!! Stay focused on your goals!!!
  • suzukigurl
    suzukigurl Posts: 90
    Options
    I was nervous at first about going to the gym alone till I actually held my head up and looked around and realized everyone is there for the same reason. They all want to get in shape and become healthier. I then decided to talk to some of the people around me and they are very helpful with what machines do the best things for what I wanted to accomplish or help me operate a machine I had no clue how to operate. It is scary at first but keep your mind open and be positive, that positive vibe will shine thru and you will have great experiences at the gym!! Good luck!! :flowerforyou: