Help...I am going to the movie tonight.....

Options

Replies

• AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    I feel like movie theater popcorn is part of the whole experience. I went to the movies Monday night and shared a medium popcorn with my companion - I logged it and didn't go over my calories :)

Another thought might be a hot pretzel with a little mustard.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    "According to AMC, a small popcorn contains 225 calories. In fact, the small AMC popcorns that we bought weighed about 50 percent more than the company claimed. Our AMC smalls contained 370 calories ."

so less than your sour kid thingamijiggs
  • lesaw01
    lesaw01 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    It depends on what time I am going to the movie. If I do get a snack I usually just get the Kid's pack that has a small drink (I get a Diet Coke) and a very small serving of popcorn. It's enough to take care of my movie popcorn craving without blowing my daily calorie allotment.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    "According to AMC, a small popcorn contains 225 calories. In fact, the small AMC popcorns that we bought weighed about 50 percent more than the company claimed. Our AMC smalls contained 370 calories ."

so less than your sour kid thingamijiggs

See, popcorn! Now I want bon bons :disappointed_relieved:
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    If I don't feel like making the nachos grande fit into my calories, I always bring a pack of beef jerky or dill pickle rice cakes.

Why not popcorn? Not a fan. YES I AM WEIRD I KNOWWWW

If they had Chicago mix though, daaaaaaayum.

OH and I usually get a big ol' glass of wine too! Cause, duh!
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Growing up going to the movies was a treat, we didn't get popcorn and snacks too.....

Its 2hrs....

But you can sneak in whatever fits in your purse and fits in your calories ;)
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I don't buy the concession stuff because I'm a tightwad, and $7.50 for a small bag of popcorn just kills me. :stuck_out_tongue: But occasionally with my little movie club card thingy I get a coupon for a free small popcorn, or one for $2, and in those cases I usually eat about half of it, sharing the rest with whoever is with me.

Otherwise I'll take a serving each of raw almonds & ark chocolate chips in a little snack bag.

Or go without snacks altogether, and hit California Pizza Kitchen or In-N-Out Burger after the movie. :smile:
  • pplastics
    pplastics Posts: 135 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    A ziploc bag of Skinny Pop popcorn fits nicely in a big purse. Our Sam's Club has a huge bag for like $4-$5. Yummy good..even my kids like it. I always let them get the real popcorn at the movie (too good not to have once in awhile!!). I'll have a handful or two of that, then switch to my skinny pop if I don't have the calories for lots of the buttery movie goodness.
  • joyleethys
    Options
    oh....great idea pplastics......
  • joyleethys
    Options
    By the way....I love cotton candy, I have just never heard it call candy floss before. I think I like that better.
  • pplastics
    pplastics Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    joyleethys wrote: »
    oh....great idea pplastics......

;)
  • fastrix
    fastrix Posts: 6 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I also get the kids pack! Small drink, small popcorn, small candy (Halloween sized kinda thing) and a toy or plastic cup usually. Doesn't last long, but it's good enough to satisfy that popcorn craving... Especially since the theater popcorn always smells soooooooo gooooood
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I went to the movies a few times lately and I've always been a popcorn plus a bag of candy type. Movie theater popcorn is good, but its really high in calories for popcorn. They pop it in oil instead of air popping. (Plus, I'm cheap and don't want to pay that much for popcorn)

What I did. My go to candy is actually Sour Patch Kids, so it's funny that they were mentioned. I bought a bag and weighed out a portion into a baggy and shoved it into my purse. So candy-- check!

Then I took a good sized apple and sliced it up really thin. Like at least 30 slices. That also got weighed and bagged.

Between the apple and the candy, I had enough to munch on to feel satisfied.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Your date can be a healthy snack.
  • Feelgood97
    Feelgood97 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    popcorn ;)
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    eat all the popcornz...
  • Edwardshar
    Edwardshar Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    The real question is, What did you see?
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Is there a reason why one can't just "watch the movie"? Why does it have to be somewhere you eat? Just being devils advocate here. Not starting anything.

I've been known to pop my own corn and bring in it my big purse, but that's because I'm cheap.
  • benjaminhk
    benjaminhk Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Homemade protein bar nibbles.
  • joyleethys
    Options
    Fuuny yopeeps...lol