Help...I am going to the movie tonight.....

Options
13»

Replies

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Is there a reason why one can't just "watch the movie"? Why does it have to be somewhere you eat? Just being devils advocate here. Not starting anything.

I've been known to pop my own corn and bring in it my big purse, but that's because I'm cheap.

Or smart.
  • joyleethys
    Options
    Thanks guys.......awesome ideas.
  • nuttynanners
    nuttynanners Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    For a drink, bring in a flavored or sparkling water. Or if you are feeling brave you could sneak in an iced coffee (without added sugars!)

You could also bring beef jerky, string cheese, a portioned-out bag of chips (from a larger bag), fruit, seaweed snacks, nuts, a small portion of dark chocolate, etc.

You don't wanna KNOW the *kitten* they put in movie theatre popcorn, it's so bad for you!!! Aside from the nutrition facts, it just contains absolute slop.

I used to work in a movie theatre. Trust me, you will feel WAY more satisfied if you eat somehwere before the movie or bring your own food. When I worked there I alwayyyyys snuck food into the theatres!
  • nuttynanners
    nuttynanners Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    You could also go with a nice luna bar or something too :)
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    True with the poster about why you have to eat in the theater. You don't. You can have a better choice before or after.
  • crundle15
    crundle15 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna co-sign on the kids meal suggestion. Its a small drink, a small portion of popcorn, and my theatre gives a small pack of fruit snacks instead of traditional candy with it. Just enough to satisfy the munchies.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    joyleethys wrote: »
    ...what is a good snack I can sneak in?????

Whatever you want...in moderation.

I used to like the popcorn, but I don't anymore because of the aftertaste. Therefore, I sneak my own popcorn in. :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    joyleethys wrote: »
    By the way....I love cotton candy, I have just never heard it call candy floss before. I think I like that better.

Reminds me of what they would call edible underwear.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »
    If I don't feel like making the nachos grande fit into my calories, I always bring a pack of beef jerky or dill pickle rice cakes.

Why not popcorn? Not a fan. YES I AM WEIRD I KNOWWWW

If they had Chicago mix though, daaaaaaayum.

OH and I usually get a big ol' glass of wine too! Cause, duh!

I am also not a fan of popcorn. Tloo me it is Iike eating a rice cake. When I go to the movies I rarely bring or get a snack.Just bbecause they normally don't carry many snacks I like. But at the drive in forget about it corn dog and mozzarella sticks.
  • stephnic4
    stephnic4 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Eat before u go. Load up on water and protien to stay full. Licorice, fruit snacks, trail mix, and popcorn r ok in moderation
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »
    Is there a reason why one can't just "watch the movie"? Why does it have to be somewhere you eat? Just being devils advocate here. Not starting anything.

I've been known to pop my own corn and bring in it my big purse, but that's because I'm cheap.
    Thanksgiving.

Anyone think of turkey just now? Same thing for the movies. On an individual level it's obviously a "do what you want" thing. In a big picture sense certain events are associated with certain foods. Baseball games and hot dogs. Valentines day and chocolate. Movies and popcorn. Parties and booze.

I guess what I was trying to get at is why do we make these food associations? I guess I've always been a "do what I want" kinda person where Turkey doesn't mean Thanksgiving to me. And parties mean socializing, not booze. And I go to Baseball games to watch the baseball game. And I think Valentines day is stupid. Maybe if we get away from these food associations doing things won't mean having to EAT.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »

Thanksgiving.

Anyone think of turkey just now? Same thing for the movies. On an individual level it's obviously a "do what you want" thing. In a big picture sense certain events are associated with certain foods. Baseball games and hot dogs. Valentines day and chocolate. Movies and popcorn. Parties and booze.

I guess what I was trying to get at is why do we make these food associations? I guess I've always been a "do what I want" kinda person where Turkey doesn't mean Thanksgiving to me. And parties mean socializing, not booze. And I go to Baseball games to watch the baseball game. And I think Valentines day is stupid. Maybe if we get away from these food associations doing things won't mean having to EAT.
    Who socializes at parties?
    HA

But seriously, I guess people like enjoying good food at certain occasions, and I personally love all the eats.

• schwerm15
    Options
    If you have a bit of a sweet tooth and still want to occupy yourself during the movie, I find blow pops to be awesome for myself. At 60 calories per blow pop you only need 1 or 2 at max to last you the whole movie.