Good Exercises For Losing Pant Sizes?

Options
I'm trying to lose between four and five pant sizes totally. Does anyone know of any good exercises for losing inches? I know walking has helped me some before, but I'm open to trying others!

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Eating less.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Put your fork down
  • higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    As others have said; eat less. It's all about the calories.

And don't have a goal of losing 4-5 pant sizes. Your body does what it wants, ultimately. You may find you can only drop 2-3, depending on what your current size is.
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Definitely eat at a calorie deficit! Exercises that have helped me, even though you can't spot reduce, is completing the couch25k app twice a week on the treadmill, using my elliptical, and squats and lunges using kettle bells.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Weight loss starts in the kitchen so find your proper deficit, weigh measure and log all your food properly and you'll lose weight.

Exercise helps, but like previously stated, your body loses where it pretty much wants to. I do pilates because I find that it works for me.
  • abbyegael97
    Options
    I know I need to cut back on eating- that was the whole purpose of getting this app...
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,564 Member
    Options
    I know I need to cut back on eating- that was the whole purpose of getting this app...

What they're saying is there's no magical exercise to reduce your size. Just eat less and do exercises you feel comfortable with. Strength training will help you retain your muscle and focus most of the loss on fat.
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    spin classes!
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    being in calorie deficit.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Options
    Fork put-downs and table push-aways

There is no magical exercise that will reduce your waist...you can't spot reduce. You diet to control your weight and your body takes excess fat from wherever to compensate for that deficit of energy...that's how you go down in size.

Diet for weight control; exercise for fitness.
  • abbyegael97
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »

What they're saying is there's no magical exercise to reduce your size. Just eat less and do exercises you feel comfortable with. Strength training will help you retain your muscle and focus most of the loss on fat.

I understand that, I wasn't asking for magic. I just wanted to hear what exercises worked well for others, so I could try them.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

I understand that, I wasn't asking for magic. I just wanted to hear what exercises worked well for others, so I could try them.

Diet over exercise in this case.
  • holly55555
    holly55555 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    You have to lose fat to lose pant sizes. However, building up muscles in your legs will help with that! Your legs are the biggest muscles in your body and muscle takes more calories just to exist than fat.

In addition to your calorie counting, build those legs up! Squats, lunges, deadlifts, wall sits, etc! Build up your core, too, as it helps with absolutely everything - your posture, back problems in the future, everything.

There are soooooo many exercise you can look up using your body weight. Good luck!
  • QAPmom
    QAPmom Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Diet and exercise-zumba at home I love, walking, squats, etc..
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »

Diet over exercise in this case.

^ Yep! You can't spot reduce. Eat at a deficit, lose weight, and wear smaller pants.
  • kozinskey
    kozinskey Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I think people are being unnecessarily mean. Lifting heavy weights + some interval training helped me drop some inches on my waist and hips. It's true that the majority of change has to come in the kitchen, but doing some strength work is going to help too.
  • abbyegael97
    Options
    kozinskey wrote: »
    I think people are being unnecessarily mean. Lifting heavy weights + some interval training helped me drop some inches on my waist and hips. It's true that the majority of change has to come in the kitchen, but doing some strength work is going to help too.

Thank you. People were being pretty mean. I'm slowly adjusting to doing better but with Mom being sick this week. I've not done as great as I'd like.
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    kozinskey wrote: »

Thank you. People were being pretty mean. I'm slowly adjusting to doing better but with Mom being sick this week. I've not done as great as I'd like.

No one here is being mean. It's just a fact that you can't spot reduce fat. There is no exercise that will make you smaller.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    Losing the fat around the abdomen is quite often the hardest, but if you find a cardio that you like and do that a couple of times a week that will help with your calorie deficit, general health and cardio vascular fitness.
    If you want to help your body reshape and retain your LBM while you are losing do some full body resistance work x3 a week. Even body weight exercises like nerd fitness will help if you do not want to start using weights yet. Just remember you have to constantly challenge yourself to progress and see results.
    Of courses as others have said a calorie deficit is the best way to lose the fat.

Cheers, h
  • DebzNuDa
    DebzNuDa Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Any large muscle exercise will help tone your body.... period. I like walking, bicycle, swimming, and golf (no cart).

The only area that you can ""spot reduce" is your mouth (by using less calories). j/k