Easy bread substitutes???

Options
i love bread. But obviously it isn't the healthiest thing in the menu!! What's a good substitute?

Replies

• AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Smaller piece of bread? I'm eating bread - in moderation and losing weight just fine.

You can find some lower calorie higher fiber breads like josephs brand and others.

Make open face sandwich with 1 piece of regular bread if you are worried about it fitting your calories
  • thekimolive
    Options
    Ooooo open faced sandwiches!!! That sounds like a good idea!!! :) thank you!!!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I don't actually like bread, so for the kinds of things most people use bread for I use Vita Weats, Corn thins, light wraps...
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Try out lower calorie versions. Or go for tortillas/wraps. There's a low carb whole wheat tortilla I eat not because it's low carb, but because it's 80 calories.
  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Lettuce wraps are great. I wrap chicken and mayo in them.
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    I use romain or butter lettuce for tacos and wraps. Burgers I make on top of a salad. I don't miss bread at all.
  • athena61
    athena61 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    What is it in particular about bread that you want to stay away from? I have given up for the most part all foods containing flour. One thing for certain for me is that eating foods containing flour, other then very minimal, makes my belly look huge. The only bread type products that I eat on a regular basis or by a company called Ezekial. It is made from sprouted grains.
  • snappy36
    snappy36 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You got some wonderful feedback. The low carb tortillas are great and more in keeping portion size. I found cauliflower rice on Google and that is another substitute for many things.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Corn thins....kinda like a rice cake but made with corn. About the size of a hamburger bun, thin enough to bookend sandwiche fillings. I love them! Great with pjb, cheese and turkey or to just spread a dip on.

23cals each!
  • Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Google Oosie bread.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Cake, of course.
  • Mikey_Irish
    Mikey_Irish Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing. I sandwich roll. 230 calories. Really ticking me off lol. Think the tortilla option is the way I will proceed to begin, I may have to work up to the lettuce thing but Im not opposed to it.

Thanks for asking that question and, everyone else, for the great options. I learn alot by reading through the forums. Answers many of my questions.
  • PaulJRaymond
    PaulJRaymond Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Smaller, thinner sliced loaves (warburton in the UK) can be 60kcals per slice. The average medium slice is 100kcals, so the smaller loaf is quite a saving
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    What's unhealthy about bread?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Sugarbeat wrote: »
    Google Oosie bread.
    Isn't it oopsie?
  • Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Sugarbeat wrote: »
    Google Oosie bread.
    Isn't it oopsie?

Yeah, sorry.
  • Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Grilled portobello mushrooms make interesting hamburger buns.
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I like Sandwich Thins. They are typically around 100 calories and I feel good about eating sandwiches. But I was never a "oh bread" kind of person.
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I've found when I'm looking to eat bread...I'm going to fit it into my macros and eat some bread. However, I've also found that I absolutely LOVE Ezekiel Bread.
  • LowCarbChica
    LowCarbChica Posts: 9 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Romaine lettuce wraps, or tortillas. I love the Ole Xtreme Wellness - High Fiber Low Carb Tortilla Wraps. Only 90 calories, and 5 net carbs if you're counting carbs :)