Options
spacelump
spacelump Posts: 233 Member
edited February 2015 in Motivation and Support
yfpntcuxgqcq.jpg

I understand change takes time. I know to takeajktf4zaz6i2.jpg
3jd7fze9j07f.jpg
gy8oavalw7rl.jpg
my measurements, as the scale doesn't always reflect. I know I will be purchasing a food scale this weekend.

I'm feeling a bit frustrated because the scale reflects no changes. I've been running and doing some weights for a month now, eating between 1550-1800 calories a day. I don't trust my measurements saying I've lost 2 inches in my stomach and a half inch in my thighs, when the scale remains the same.

Do you see any difference? Struggling with motivation as the fruits of my labor are unsure. Thanks all! Suggestions welcomed.

(Excuse my wonky bathroom shots...it seems they loaded out of order. Wearing a Fitbit ones are current).

Replies

• margolinville
    margolinville Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Get a digital scale. Weigh yourself every morning before you eat without clothes. Eat 1380 calories a day. You will loose 1 pound in 6 days. It works for me.
  • margolinville
    margolinville Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    spacelump wrote: »
    yfpntcuxgqcq.jpg

3jd7fze9j07f.jpg
    gy8oavalw7rl.jpg
    my measurements, as the scale doesn't always reflect. I know I will be purchasing a food scale this weekend.

I'm feeling a bit frustrated because the scale reflects no changes. I've been running and doing some weights for a month now, eating between 1550-1800 calories a day. I don't trust my measurements saying I've lost 2 inches in my stomach and a half inch in my thighs, when the scale remains the same.

Do you see any difference? Struggling with motivation as the fruits of my labor are unsure. Thanks all! Suggestions welcomed.

(Excuse my wonky bathroom shots...it seems they loaded out of order. Wearing a Fitbit ones are current).

Get a digital scale. Weigh yourself every morning before you eat without clothes. Eat 1380 calories a day. You will loose 1 pound in 6 days. It works for me.
  • FitGeekery
    FitGeekery Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Yup, it's subtle but I can definitely see a change in your abs/torso, looks leaner. Your cals seem fine based on how much exercise you're doing and your hard work is clearly paying off.

Why don't you trust your measurements?

Weight loss/fitness/toning isn't a straight line. And you're already slim so it's not as if there's much weight to shift in the first place. Pounds lost aren't the end all and be all on this journey: measurements count, fitness improvement counts, better energy level or mood counts, clothes fitting differently counts, better sleep counts etc.

You're doing great, and if you measured and lost two inches then girl... you lost two inches. Give yourself a pat on the back ;)

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    yfpntcuxgqcq.jpg

3jd7fze9j07f.jpg
    gy8oavalw7rl.jpg

You don't know what her height/weight are, so her calorie needs and goals may be different than yours. And weight loss is not linear.

OP, I can see it a bit in the front view ones. Give yourself a few more weeks to get your food scale and tighten up your logging, then reevaluate.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    yfpntcuxgqcq.jpg

3jd7fze9j07f.jpg
    gy8oavalw7rl.jpg

You don't know what her height/weight are, so her calorie needs and goals may be different than yours. And weight loss is not linear.

OP, I can see it a bit in the front view ones. Give yourself a few more weeks to get your food scale and tighten up your logging, then reevaluate.

I think that margolinville might be a robot. She posted the same advice on another thread, which absolutely nothing to base it on.

• Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I wish people would throw out their scales. Body composition is so much more than that. You're losing inches and that is awesome. That means whatever you are doing is working.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Honestly I think you'd be better off doing a slow bulk... your body will not drastically change by losing weight when you're already this small.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I wish people would throw out their scales. Body composition is so much more than that. You're losing inches and that is awesome. That means whatever you are doing is working.
    Agreed. What matters is how you look and how your clothes fit not some number on a scale that only you see. I had a co-worker under-guess my weight by 15 pounds a few days ago. I lift weights and have a large frame, even though I'm short. I'd rather have people think I weigh 118 than actually have to eat to maintain that weight. :lol:
  • spacelump
    spacelump Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your feedback. I don't usually value the scale as the end all, be all, but in being honest I've been confused about it. I definitely think a food scale will help clarify some of it.

I honestly just made up losing ten pounds as something to work towards and to motivate me to workout. I don't have any true goals, but find making one up gives me the push I need to go to workout.