hydroxycut

Options
2»

Replies

• segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »
    This is from 2009.... and the gummies aren't even listed. This is outdated information.
    Date Posted: May 1, 2009

True, but at the time it was a recall for almost the full spectrum of products made by this company. The newer formulations haven't been recalled, but there were reports in 2010 and again in 2012 of side effects. There's also virtually no standard for makers of supplements to prove that their products are safe or effective.

Personally I wouldn't trust this *kitten* any further than I could throw it. But that's just me.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    segacs wrote: »
    Troutsy wrote: »
    This is from 2009.... and the gummies aren't even listed. This is outdated information.
    Date Posted: May 1, 2009

True, but at the time it was a recall for almost the full spectrum of products made by this company. The newer formulations haven't been recalled, but there were reports in 2010 and again in 2012 of side effects. There's also virtually no standard for makers of supplements to prove that their products are safe or effective.

Personally I wouldn't trust this *kitten* any further than I could throw it. But that's just me.

So no current recalls in over 6 years. That's fine that you don't trust them. Even taking medication approved by the FDA has potential side effects. That's up to the consumer to decide if it's worth it or not.
  • Christi102012
    Christi102012 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    If you just ordered them you can probably cancel the order before they're shipped. Or if it's too late for that see if you can return them. You'd probably have to pay for the shipping back but that's better than taking a dangerous product.
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Has anyone used hydroxycut gummies there suppose to help your appetite so u don't eat as much I just ordered some on amazon but was checking to see if anyone has had success on them

You can either cancel your order or return them.
  • blb85
    blb85 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I saw that you want to use for appetite control since you want to eat every couple of hours. What is it that you eat currently? I don't see a problem with eating every couple of hours, but it depends on what you are eating. Maybe adjust the food you have to more healthy choices and concentrate on getting more fiber and protein in your diet, this will help you fill-up so you aren't constantly feeling hungry! My go to snacks are: Greek Yogurt, banana or apple with nut butter, carrots or celery with hummus, Quest bars (packed with protein & fiber).
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    segacs wrote: »

This is a thing of beauty and a joy forever.
  • wreckchord
    wreckchord Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who actually had really good results using Hydroxycut- I think it was just because she had in her head that it was an appetite suppressant. Anyway, I bought SlimQuick just to help lose water weight. So, they work really well for that. It's a really expensive diuretic, though, and you can pretty much get the same results from a cup of green tea with every meal.
  • holly55555
    holly55555 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I tried those to help a plateau I was having. I thought they worked at first, but when I stopped taking them, I kept losing the same amount of weight. It was just in my head!

You're better off eating meals with more protein so you'll feel fuller longer.
  • fevrale
    fevrale Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I took Hydroxycut way back in the day (around 15 years ago). I lost weight but couldn't sleep and felt a bit nuts. That was when it could legally contain ephedra, which is similar in structure to...meth. So, not worth it even if it did work. I don't know what it contains now.