10 pounds lighter and tighter by April - Support thread!

Options

Replies

• huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    ^^Like

(since there's no LIKE button)
  • sellerskennington
    sellerskennington Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Today is a day where I can't seem to feel full! I am now drinking my 3 water jug (32oz), so hydration isn't an issue. Must stay focused! :#
  • faelight
    faelight Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I love juicing :D definitely should get back into that!

@jgrabowski33‌ beets n kale forever!! Haha. so healthy :D
  • faelight
    Options
    OK. I need some serious intervention. I have the world's worst sweet tooth. I am constantly craving something sweet. mostly as long as it is chocolate. all the time. I log it all. but, seriously, eating daily isn't good. I have to break the habit. I tried to for Lent. No go. broke it day one! What is wrong?!

You can break it! I've never had a huge sweet tooth but I learned from the couple times I got in a sugar kick, and the things I've heard from people, is that when you cut sugar out your cravings do go away, you just have to persist thru them. It can take days n weeks but it does get easier over time. The sugar hits your brain like drugs because it feels good and yes it's very emotional to go without! I had the same thing for cheese..I was entirely addicted to cheese no doubt and when I started cutting back (I rarely eat it now, when I do it's in very small amounts), it was INTENSE. Cravings and feelings. Try to reach for fruit when you crave the sugar...I know it's really hard..I believe in you!
  • faelight
    Options
    This would be a dream come true to be a part of this supportive group. I no longer can do it on my own anymore. I binge eat when stressed, lonely, and in celebration. I am a single parent that adds to my daily challenges. Would love to hear how other people have turned the corner with their weight loss journey. I believe it is a behavioral change. Oreos are my weakness.. CW: 190. GW: 160
    Being this self aware and sharing here like you have is a great turning the corner...you're doing awesome by being here :) check out the before n after posts around MFP and check in here with us to let us know how you're doing. We care for you and everyone else here!!
  • andersonchloe289
    andersonchloe289 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I've forgotten how handy this APP is! Trying to lose 15, but 10 works too! Love to meet some new people on here!
  • Today is a day where I can't seem to feel full! I am now drinking my 3 water jug (32oz), so hydration isn't an issue. Must stay focused! :#

I'm currently on Weight Watchers right now. They have their system rigged up so that fruit and most vegetables don't count as "food". Assuming you eat moderate portions of these, you will feel full longer without using up your day's calorie intake. For example, eating 100 calories of Wheat Thins vs 1 banana (100 calories) is the same amount of calories, but you will feel much healthier and full much longer on the fruits and veggies. Try to incorporate more low calorie, but filling, fruits and veggies into your diet.

I eat a light lunch, and then eat an apple (or other piece of fruit) every two hours so that I'm not ravenous at supper and consequentially overeat! It saves me discomfort (from an empty stomach), keeps the many drive-thru temptations at bay because I'm not hungry, and helps me make healthier dinner choices, as well as ultimately saving me calories in the big picture of a day.
  • sellerskennington
    Options
    feeling good lately. most clothing is fitting differently. I am wondering about purchasing new jeans. I have had the same 2 pair for 2+ years. They don't feel any different, but wonder if it's because they are so old and wash so much that they slowly shrunk over time. dreaming of how I would love some chocolate very badly, but saving it for a birthday dinner celebration tomorrow night.
  • sdado1013
    sdado1013 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
    heaviest: 144
    CW: 136
    GW:125
  • jessdunn40
    Options
    Im in 5'10
    cw170
    gw145-150
    first i want to lose fat then build muscle :smile:
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    @jessdunn40‌ "first i want to lose fat then build muscle"
    do it at the same time.
    weight train while you eat at a deficit, so that you can retain as much lean body mass as possible, so that when the fat sheds, you're revealing muscle.

The more muscle you have, the more calories you burn, and thus, reducing fat quicker.

I'm focusing on reducing body fat.

Read about vismal: he always says that he wishes he started lifting way earlier.
    community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1276219/i-went-from-morbidly-obese-to-6-pack-abs-ask-me-anything/p1

Amanda
  • jlkermode
    jlkermode Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hello lovely peeps! Hope everyone on the east coast is staying safe and warm! For everyone who isn't freezing their bottoms off... We are jealous. :p

Win for the wk: made home cooked meals for the hubby and I every night for a whole wk! This is a huge step forward in my fitness journey, since when we first moved to NYC, we were ordering takeout every single night. I feel so much better when I am in control of what goes into my meal!
    Tonight I made oven baked salmon filets with salt and pepper. Rice pilaf and stir fried up some corn, spinach and mushroom slices! (*)

Challenge for next wk: get back on track with my Strong Curves strength training routine four x/wk and snack less.

Keep up the awesome work everyone! Oh and if you haven't done so already, add me as a MFP friend and find me on Fitbit! Jamiesogn at gmail!
  • SDB210
    SDB210 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    stepherz84 wrote: »
    Can I join in! I'm a bit late but I'm new to posting on the boards.

I started on the 5th jan and have lost 12lbs so far.

Height 5ft 11.5in (the half inch makes all the difference! :wink: )
    SW: 187lbs
    CW: 175lbs
    GW: 153lbs

Week one : 2 lbs lost so...

New CW 173lbs

It's the end of my week 2 of this challenge and I have lost another 2 lbs! Yay

New CW 171 lbs

I've lost a pound! I've lost a pound!
    9 days of getting VERY bored at seeing the same number and finally it dropped! Phew!

3 weeks & 2 days in to challenge and my new CW is 170 lbs
    That's 5 pounds in challenge and 17 pounds overall. Happy day for me :-)

Week 4 - another 2 lbs lost!
    7 lbs in challenge, 19 lbs overall!
    New current weight - 168 lbs

This week I need to get back to running, I've had a week from hell so it wasn't really a top priority.

I also think I may be losing too quickly? I only have 15 lbs left to go and looking back, I seem to be losing at a rate of 2 lbs per week.
  • sellerskennington
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Happy weekend all! My goals for the weekend is to eat better than usual and to get in some exercise. Should be easy, yes?!

Next week I am able to lift light weights with my knees. So, that's my goal for next week! This group has been a huge impact on my weight lose journey. Thank you all so much. I don't want this group to end come April.
  • sellerskennington
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Sorry for doing a 2nd post, but I just checked my first post here. I NEVER thought I'd get below 160 since hadn't in over 2 years!

SW:161
    CW:156
    GW:151
    Next step gaol: 140
    UGW:130
  • SuzyH
    SuzyH Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    SuzyH wrote: »

Name: Suzy
    Height: 5'5"
    Start weight (1st Feb): 130.6
    Goal weight (1st April): 120
    Weigh ins:

1st Feb: 130.6
    8th Feb: 129
    15th Feb: 128.8
    22nd Feb: missed!
    1st March: 122.6

Weight loss/gain this week: n/a
    Weight loss/gain so far this month: 8!!!

• jlkermode
    jlkermode Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Sorry for doing a 2nd post, but I just checked my first post here. I NEVER thought I'd get below 160 since hadn't in over 2 years!

SW:161
    CW:156
    GW:151
    Next step gaol: 140
    UGW:130

Yay!!! awesome work!! (*)
  • stebergert
    Options
    I am in to lose 10 by april
  • Fitgirl2012
    Fitgirl2012 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
    5'4
    SW: 132 (little bit of gainage hence joining this!)
    CW: 137
    GW: 128
  • TinaLosesIt27
    TinaLosesIt27 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! Signed up recently to a gym and hopefully will reach my GW soon!

5'4"
    SW: 183
    CW: 178
    GW: 130 (but short term gw would be 165)