New Mom!!

MrsJen
MrsJen Posts: 7 Member
edited September 27 in Introduce Yourself
I have an almost 8 week old daughter and I'm determined to not only loose the last 10 lbs from my pregnancy but the 10 additional pounds I wanted to loose before that! Ha ha! I never wanted to be supermodel skinny (my hubby would hate that too) but I could do without the baby belly and love handles!

Hi everyone, especially the mommies who know what I'm saying!! :)

Replies

• Remi79
    Remi79 Posts: 346 Member
    Hello and welcome! I've been trying to lose my baby fat for almost 3 years now. :laugh:

Good luck to you!
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Haha not a mom but thought i would say "Hey"
  • nloquellano
    nloquellano Posts: 1 Member
    I was in the exact same boat as you! I'm 4 lbs from goal after 3 months. You can do it!
  • ngolston
    ngolston Posts: 159 Member
    Congratulations and welcome to MFP!! This site has been such a help to me, and I'm sure that if you log your meals and get your fitness in you'll be successful!! You can do it!!
  • cinders88
    cinders88 Posts: 1
    Hi and welcome! I have a 6 month old daughter so I know what you mean! It's hard to juggle being a new parent and trying to take care of yourself at the same time, but it's also a really exciting time too :) good luck :)
  • antijen
    antijen Posts: 112 Member
    I had my last baby 11 months ago tomorrow and I'm still plugging away. It's tough, but it can be done!
  • heather0416
    heather0416 Posts: 118 Member
    You only gained 10 during your pregnancy?! Nice. I gained 38, thank god I lost it all. Took 4 months though. Now I'm trying to lose the last 25-30 I gained with my last 3 pregnancies!
    Welcome and congrats on the baby.
  • hempelsa
    hempelsa Posts: 11
    My daughter is 11 weeks old as of this past Sunday, and I am as well struggling to get rid of the baby weight. NOTHING is helping (though I admittedly go over calories most days...I have a sweet tooth that I'm having a hard time keeping in check). I canceled my gym membership because I was never going (colicky baby = takes all of mommy's attention), and have recently started doing Turbo Jam after a year away from it. My husband and I are currently treadmill shopping, so soon I'll be restarting Couch25K (I was on week 7 when I found out I was pregnant and gave up on running during pregnancy. I was pretty good about hitting the gym when time allowed.). Good luck to you!
  • CisMomma
    CisMomma Posts: 5 Member
    I am a mom of a 7 yr old. BUT when she was born I picked up a DVD called FITMOM. It was AWESOME!! It's a workout that you can do with your little one. If you have a "Snugli", you put it on and baby becomes your resistance. It was a great workout and helped me get in shape. I also walked EVERYWHERE with her. It's a great time of year to have a baby. Mine was born in February so it took a little while before I could walk outside with her as we have very cold winters.
  • MrsJen
    MrsJen Posts: 7 Member
    Thanks everyone! I actually gained 45 in my pregnancy but have 10 left to get to prepregnancy weight. I lost most of it because she was a big baby! (9 lbs 2 oz)
  • Sandy642
    Sandy642 Posts: 5
    Congratulations on the new baby!! I know exactly what you mean. I have 3 children ages 6,4 and 3 and I finally decided to get on the move to lose. I gained A LOT of weight with my first and still have some of that weight and it's all right in the belly. Good luck to you! I know you can do it :)
  • dedarlin
    dedarlin Posts: 41 Member
    i am a momma to 3 under 5, my youngest is 16 weeks...so i feel your pain! i have gained and lost 25 lbs 3 times in 5 years! now i am determined to really get in shape for the first time in my life! i have been workin hard for the past 4 weeks (losing 6lbs and 3% body fat) and just found MFP yesterday! I am excited to see how it helps me, good luck to you and keep up the hard work!
  • JonieB
    JonieB Posts: 67 Member
    Hi! I have a baby boy that will be 11 weeks on Friday. I have 10 lbs baby weight to lose from him and 10 lbs to lose from my almost 3 year old.
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    I'm not a 'new mom' - my son is 13 and my daughter will be 2 on the 26th - BUT - I have finally decided to do something about my 'baby weight'. I was SO excited to leave the hospital after my c-section weighing less than I did the day I found out I was pregnant - ( had gestational diabetes and had to limit my carbs and took 6 shots of insulin a day, so that helped to not gain too much baby wieght) --- but then about 2 months ago, I got on the scale and I weighed the exact same weight as I did the day I left the hospital with my daughter - that was when I decided I had to do something. I had been warned that I am more likely to develop Type 2 diabetes because of the gestational diabetes (had it with my son too, but wasn't insulin dependent with him) - and then at my last doctor's appointment, I was told I have high cholesterol. I want to be healthy for my children and already feel I have so much more energy (My daughter was born a few months after my 40th birthday!). I feel like a new person
This discussion has been closed.