Does anybody else pretend you're eating a cheeseburger when you're really eating tuna? bahaha!

Options
Or am I the only one? Lol! ☺

Replies

• Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    NO but i really like tuna. But definitely pretend the kale chips are potato chips. :p
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    No because it would never work. I also don't tell myself spaghetti squash and sauce tastes just like pasta and sauce. I just like it for what it is.

Yesterday, I had a bacon cheeseburger for lunch because that's what I wanted. I continued the rest of the day eating much lighter....a very low cal supper, since my lunch was almost 700 calories, lol.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    No, because I love tuna.

And if I want a cheeseburger I have one....
  • mllett
    mllett Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Lol! @Lizzy622‌, I wish I liked tuna! @wizzybeth‌, that's what I do, too, when I have a cheat meal. I ll try to only eat around 300 cals for supper.
  • mllett
    Options
    @jkwolly‌, there's no fish out there that I love. I wish I did.
  • wizzybeth
    Options
    I didn't consider it a "cheat" meal. It was a regular meal...that was a little heavier in calories than my typical lunch.

As long as I stay within my daily calorie allotment, it is not a cheat, in my book. Anything is permissible. So...if I want a cheeseburger and not tuna, I have it...and don't try to fool myself into thinking it's what I really want. :)
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Caaaan't do it. If I pretended, the next day would be a trip to McDonald's. If I fat up my tuna it is delicious all on it's own.
    Mediterranean Tuna Salad

If I were smart, I'd save my burger for a trip to Harvey's, open faced. Lot's of juicy burger loveliness.
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    I have a cheeseburger at least once a week - about 500 calories with plenty of cheese and no bun. Nom nom. (I don't eat fish.)
  • wizzybeth
    Options
    And if you don't like tuna...don't eat it. I will not make myself eat things I don't like. I don't like plain yogurt. So I don't eat it. I am not "cheating" by eating French Vanilla yogurt.
  • jkwolly
    Options
    mllett wrote: »
    @jkwolly‌, there's no fish out there that I love. I wish I did.
    If you don't like tuna, why are you eating it?
  • 4leighbee
    Options
    I have tricked myself into believing that Life Savers peppermints are terrible for you and should be eaten only sparingly ... I usually "sneak" three or four a day ... only about 60 calories total, fresh breath, happy body. :)
  • mllett
    Options
    I eat it bc it's good for me. It's high in vitamin d and mine is low. I would rather get the vitamin d through healthier food choices. I have to force myself to eat healthy foods bc I don't like most of them. I want to lose weight the healthy way. @jkwolly @wizzybeth‌
  • mllett
    Options
    I hear ya @4leighbee‌, good idea!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    @mllett, a faster way to increase your vitamin D stores might be an hour's walk in the sun every day.
  • mllett
    Options
    @jgnatca‌ I definitely have to fatten mine up, too! I was really just joking. I really don't pretend, but I would choose a cheeseburger any day of the week over tuna.
  • 4leighbee
    Options
    I'm sure someone else will beat me to this, but however you choose to lose weight, try to make choices that will make you happy with your journey. If you miserable about forcing down certain foods, those feelings might translate over to the entire experience and may sabotage your weight loss plan. You don't want that ... choose things that make you proud of what you are doing for yourself - and that you can live with forever. Try some new foods maybe that are high in Vitamin D.
  • jkwolly
    Options
    I eat it bc it's good for me. It's high in vitamin d and mine is low. I would rather get the vitamin d through healthier food choices. I have to force myself to eat healthy foods bc I don't like most of them. I want to lose weight the healthy way. @jkwolly @wizzybeth‌
    Other foods are high in vitamin D like oranges, cheese and eggs. Also you can take walks outside or even take a vitamin if you're that low (I do, since I live in a dark cold climate).

All food is food, cutting stuff out as healthy/not healthy is a bad mindset to get in and you should focus on moderation.
  • tnwlkr43
    tnwlkr43 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Once you loose the weight what happens....eating healthy is a lifestyle change and if you dont like something now... why would you like it a year from now. If you want a cheeseburger find healthier ways to fix it instead of going to Micky D or a restaurant. I can take lean ground beef and make my own. Or make a turkey burger.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    If I want a cheeseburger I eat a cheeseburger. Just make it work for your calories for the day
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Ha, I was just looking at a recipe for peanut butter bacon burgers because of another thread.

I plan on getting some Fuddruckers after my doctors appointment on monday. :wink:
    Tuna is pretty great as well though.