Fast weightloss

turn4035
turn4035 Posts: 11 Member
Hi, I have lost a few lbs since I started but it has been very slow. I know this is healthy. However I need to kick it up a noch for the next 3 weeks. I have a vacation planned and need to wear a bathing suit comfortably.
Does anyone have any go to diets or recommendation for some fast weightloss? I just need to kick start something for the next few weeks and then go back to my moderate weightloss like I am doing now. Thank you in advance! My ultimate goal is to loose 25lbs from 160 (now) to 135.

Replies

• Try exercise and weights lifting.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    I saw a thing in her fitness magazine about a fatbladt routine. It is the march issue.
  • faaizahassan25
    faaizahassan25 Posts: 14 Member
    Don't eat after 4pm. You will lose so fast
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    25lb is 3 weeks is not feasable. find a swimsuit u feel comfortable in and keep going how u are. only way ur gonna lose 25lb in 3 weeks is eat 500cals a day and work out for 3 hours. then gain 90% of it back and feel lousy on ur trip. so i suppose its up to u
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Weight loss isn't fast...25 Lbs in 3 weeks is ridiculous and untenable.
  • turn4035
    turn4035 Posts: 11 Member
    Thank you. However I didn't mean loose 25lbs in 3 weeks lol. I was just stating how much I want to ultimately loose. Any amout before vacation is welcomed. Just was interested if anyone had a pointers to help the process.....
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member

So if I ate 3000 cals before 4pm I'd lose weight?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,028 Member

Bring on the lunchtime buffet, baby!!!!
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    hiyah there is nothing more special to be done. accurate logging and keep moving. good luck.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member

dont listen to this.
  • toofatnomore
    toofatnomore Posts: 206 Member

Lol if you started at 600 lbs...
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    Go to a nudist beach then you don't have to worry about a bathing suit.
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    turn4035 wrote: »
    Hi, I have lost a few lbs since I started but it has been very slow. I know this is healthy. However I need to kick it up a noch for the next 3 weeks. I have a vacation planned and need to wear a bathing suit comfortably.
    Does anyone have any go to diets or recommendation for some fast weightloss? I just need to kick start something for the next few weeks and then go back to my moderate weightloss like I am doing now. Thank you in advance! My ultimate goal is to loose 25lbs from 160 (now) to 135.

Hey, we have about the same goal! I'm shooting for 25lbs down by mid July.

Give yourself a 20-25% deficit. Exercise. Eat back about half of those exercise calories. Weigh and measure your food to ensure you are eating what you think you are.

Anything too fast isn't good for your body.

If you want to see some fast results you could try lowering your carbs slightly and drinking more water. That will probably give you a quick, healthy, drop (of water weight)..without doing some ridiculous broth, juice, whatever diet.
  • kimzy132124
    kimzy132124 Posts: 75 Member
    You could try taking a class like cardio kick boxing. To throw yourself into an intense form of cardio might shock your body just enough. I start this 2 weeks ago and I'm down 7lbs but I also am strict about my diet. I stay within my calories and try to stay close to the nutritional percentages. I don't eat junk and I don't drink beer.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member
    25 pounds in 3 weeks won't happen. If you somehow managed that it would be a lot of water and lean mass. You'll feel like crap for your trip and gain it all back plus some. Pick something different to wear and enjoy your time with people who probably don't care about how much you weigh.
  • LyssaJ1
    LyssaJ1 Posts: 240 Member
    turn4035 wrote: »
    Thank you. However I didn't mean loose 25lbs in 3 weeks lol. I was just stating how much I want to ultimately loose. Any amout before vacation is welcomed. Just was interested if anyone had a pointers to help the process.....

Some folks may not have seen this part...glad you clarified! :)

For 'fast' weight loss, look to what you're eating. Eat as healthy as you can, meaning little in the way of overly processed foods. Water, drink plenty of it! Fiber helps, from what I hear. I absolutely can't recommend anything for "fast" but for reasonable...6lbs is reasonable in 3 weeks. Next is exercise...but don't overdo it because you don't want to injure yourself before vacation. An extra set of reasonable weight-lifting, an extra 10 minutes on a bike, walking or running...whatever you're already doing. Sleep...get decent rest! Trust me, it affects *everything* and your body/mind will thank you for it. If you're deficient in any nutrients via your diet, make sure to take a decent multi-vitamin or whatever you deem needs to be part of your diet.

Above all else, be good to you. Be fabulous and as happy as possible no matter what size you currently are, because you're making strides to build a better you!

• ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    edited February 2015
    25 in 3weeks? Technically doable but you will likely have to run several 100 milers. Could get a big chunk of it running the Grand Canyon Rim to rim to rim. Best of luck.

edit: read rest of thread. nvm
  • honkytonks85
    honkytonks85 Posts: 669 Member
    Try intermittent fasting.