Scared........

Options

Replies

• dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    You go girl! I was scared to go to the gym once, too. Then I realized that the people there are all in their own worlds. No one cares what anyone else is doing.
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Congrats and good luck!
  • darthgeg
    darthgeg Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you!!! I know you can do it. I have 200 plus to lose and with a great attitude and taking it one day at a time you can accomplish anything you put your mind to. Add me as a friend if you like and we can track each others progress.
  • healthyw84me
    healthyw84me Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Go Lucy!
    Great steps!
  • Cherese1983
    Cherese1983 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    That's a great start! You can do it!!!!
  • healthybones
    healthybones Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Good luck on your journey :D
  • loseatonlady
    loseatonlady Posts: 160
    Options
    Yay!!! Don't be scared! Great idea getting a trainer ... I did that 50+ pounds into my loss & have never regreted it! He's a lot of the reason why I'm taking my Personal Trainer Certification this very week! GO GIRL!!!
  • jwhit6
    jwhit6 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've been really slipping backwards since christmas - but your blog has moved me and inspired me to fight to get back onto my own journey. I am screaming and cheering you on - all the way. - Life is like a coin, you can spend it how you like, but we only get to spend it once - so lets be proud and happy while we all do our thing, for ourselves and not for others.

Lots and lots of luck, support & motivational vibes being sent to you
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! Great step forward!!
  • LuvsToSpin
    LuvsToSpin Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    You just took the biggest step towards a healthier life! Remember, most of those thin and fit people in that gym were more than likely not always that way and they have to work just hard to maintain their current body. Listen to your trainer and work your tail off while eating right and before you know it you will be a gym rat too! :smile:
  • ksharon22
    ksharon22 Posts: 111
    Options
    Congrats on taking that scary first step! Once you're there, be on the lookout for a work out buddy too....it's nice to meet someone there and to help keep you accountable to one another--from my experience anyway!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Fortune favors the brave.
  • jlsAhava
    jlsAhava Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Congrats! It may take a couple of sessions, but you'll get acclimated to the place in no time. Just keep on keeping on! You'll do great!
  • mowrynation
    mowrynation Posts: 91
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Fortune favors the brave.

lol that sounds like something Artemis would say to her Hunters lol
  • sweet1ness
    sweet1ness Posts: 10
    Options
    If u have the means to do this, then you go girl!! it takes courage n im sure you have alot... the gym is a scary place, especially when all u usually see in there are fit pppl, me myself was and still is afraid to go to the gym especially alone... you go in there do your thing and knock em dead.. :) you can do it :-)
  • tat2tinkerbell
    tat2tinkerbell Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    The first step is the hardest :) I have a lot of weight to lose and remember walking into the gym the first time. I thought "Everyone is staring at me" I know realize I'm the only person concerned about what I'm doing. I work out with a trainer too and love it. I have almost blacked out and almost vomited, but I keep going back because the strength and inner power you gain will be worth it!! It's nice to be able to suddenly do something that you couldn't do or couldn't do well before. Mine was doing planks, I had not been able to do them for 15 seconds, before I broke my arm I was up to 45 seconds before I couldn't hold it.

I'm so excited for you!! Good luck and know it won't be easy, but it'll be worth it :)

A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step.....
  • lolacanaday
    lolacanaday Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Baby steps are the way to a new life!!! Good for you! Stick with it! Don't be scared to do something you should be proud of!
  • greeneyedwitch
    Options
    Proud of you for being so courageous!!!!
  • guidnca
    guidnca Posts: 64
    Options
    Good for you. YOu are taking care of yourself.
    What they think does not matter, so Fusili them.