Carbs/PRO/FAT

Options
How do you know how much YOU need? I really don't think that I eat terrible, a lot of fruits and veggies, lean protein (chicken/tuna). But I always seem to go over on my carbs and don't seem to get enough Protien. Do I have my goals set right and how do I know how much I need? I'm 36, female, 5'2, 193lbs, nurse and do kickboxing 50mins 2xweek. I'd like to lose 1-1.5lbs per week. Please help!?!?!

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Focus on hitting your protein and fat goals, then fill the remainder of your calories with carbs.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    I only focus on my protein goals. I'm almost always over on fat so I don't bother tracking that. If I naturally always ate above my 120-130g protein needs without actively trying, I'd just not focus on my macros at all.

And macro goals are only important for things like body composition, satiety, medical conditions, personal preference, endurance, etc. If you have no specific goals outside of lose weight then just track calories. I eat 0.8x my weight for protein grams, 0.4x my weight for fat grams, and the rest are carbs. This is all based on lbs and on my weight lifting/body compostional goals. Endurance goals i've seen rec'd 2-3x your weight for carb grams, then protein and fat as you want or can get them to fit.
  • BerrySlim
    BerrySlim Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I set my fitnessPal to
    20%carb, 40%fat, 40%protein.
    5'5 125lbs wanting to lose last 10lbs.
    My calories are 1250 very active
    When I work out I eat more than that. Try to follow the fitnessPal recommendations. It works you just have to stick with it and keep going!
  • meraki78
    meraki78 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    BerrySlim wrote: »

Thanks for the chart, a lot of useful info!!!