Is there anything you don't log?

Options
For me, personally, I never log the sugar-free squashes I use to get myself to drink enough water (I'm one of those useless people who doesn't like the taste of plain water). It's like, 5 calories a cup, but I know that if I start logging them, I'll be more conscious of the calories, then I'll start to drink less of it, and thus I won't get enough water. Which is bad.

Anything you guys don't log? Or are you all really meticulous and log absolutely every last crumb?

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Coffee, tea (but I do log a generic milk allowance)
    Water, diet sodas
    Herbs, spices (but I generally log garlic)

• snoopyjet
    snoopyjet Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    black coffee, tea, spices
  • maddyk91
    maddyk91 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    spices,
    coffee creamer,
    coffee,
    when i take the occasional bite of something and nothing more,
    often times i dont log certain veggies i eat when i learn their calorie count per cup
  • awesomejdad
    awesomejdad Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Yellow mustard
  • jessmessmfp
    jessmessmfp Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I dont log my coffee or tea, but always my soymilk used. Sometimes I wont log my salad (10 calories). If you're drinking 8 cups of water a day, and using 5 cal/per cup - thats 40 cals. I would just log all of it first thing in the morning. Its really not that many calories - and it forces you to drink water. Or you can try lemon/cucumber (that i wouldnt log either haha)
  • sparklyhippos
    sparklyhippos Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I don't log spices unless I've used a substantial amount like in a recipe, or just because I'm obsessed with ground cinnamon on everything haha. I also don't log sugar free water additives like Mio, etc.
  • ruggedshutter
    ruggedshutter Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    coffee, tea, spices, veggies like celery or green peppers used in recipes, lettuce...etc. I don't usually log much for salads because it's more work than needed since I only put greens on them. I do log dressings, cheese or meat if I put it on them.

I have my goal set at 1.5lbs/wk and I'm averaging about 2.4lbs/wk so I'm not too worried if I go over slightly because of it.
  • Tabithas_Transformation
    Options
    The only thing I don't log is a random piece of chewing gum here and there. Everything else is logged meticulously otherwise it adds up for me. Even 1 calorie drinks like green tea are logged because I might have 10 cups a day without thinking. It's only an extra 10 calories but over a year that adds up to over a 1lb of extra calories.

I know this might be excessive logging but if I'm exact about the little things, I find I'm exact about everything :)
  • arabiagypsy
    Options
    I dont log my coffee or tea, but always my soymilk used. Sometimes I wont log my salad (10 calories). If you're drinking 8 cups of water a day, and using 5 cal/per cup - thats 40 cals. I would just log all of it first thing in the morning. Its really not that many calories - and it forces you to drink water. Or you can try lemon/cucumber (that i wouldnt log either haha)

I might try the lemon/cucumber thing, thanks! I'm terrible at drinking enough water, but it's necessary for weight loss and health and all that.
  • pinkteapot3
    pinkteapot3 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Only tea. I have cereal for breakfast and log a greater quantity of milk than I have on the cereal, to give me the milk for a few cups of tea during the day.
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    coffee, tea, spices, mustard, stevia (in my coffee), mints
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Originally, I didn't log gum, but now I do. I'm going to say nope, everything gets logged!
  • olong
    olong Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Certain condiments (mustard, leaf of lettuce, slice of tomato, pickle relish/pickles)

No-calorie drinks, though sometimes I will log black coffee just to be mindful of caffeine

If my meal is a large salad, I'll weigh all the raw veggies I add, but if I eat a 2-3 baby carrots or sugar snap peas or mushrooms while cooking, I don't log them -- too few calories per 10 - 50 grams to worry about.

The batter left over in the bowl or on mixer beaters when I bake -- I don't bake often and I can't imagine that after I scrape everything off that there is more than a tablespoon or so for this indulgence.

I am into Year 4 and am in "maintenance", if you will. I am not overly concerend about chasing every last calorie (especially raw veggies, steamed veggies or other very low calorie food), but I do go to certain lengths. If I make a recipe from scratch, I will input the recipe ingredients into MFP's recipe log, tally how many gram are in the entire dish and wiegh my portion to determine what percentage of the entire calories I consume at a meal. If I make a recipe from a box with certain added ingredients, I will "check" the "as prepared" calories and the weight of the portion I ate. I now bake by weighing my ingredients rather than measuring by cups and half cups to achieve a more accurate recipe and calorie count.

I have a small scale in my purse I take when eating out in a casual restaurant (not a formal restaurant!). I can't eyeball to estimate the volume/weight of a baked sweet potato, or wine in a glass, or fries. So, I use the scale discreetly to weigh certain foods.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I log my black coffee cause it adds to my potassium intake.

I don't always log water . Sometimes I do. But I never log spices, ketchup, mustard, or relish. But I rarely have ketchup mustard or relish anyway.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Water or other zero calorie drinks.

My cycle or walk to the station, my walk to the gym.
    Bedroom gymnastics. ;)
  • misheri90
    misheri90 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    coffee, tea, gum, mints, pepper
  • Cking1162
    Cking1162 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    sugarfree gum, water
  • Cking1162
    Cking1162 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    most of my workouts....I workout every day but only log a few days because if the calories are added to my day, and I see them...suddenly I become more hungry!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Calorie free beverages, water.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Only thing I don't log is gum, because I lose track of how many pieces I have eaten. Everything else I log, even water add ins (about 10-20 cals). If I've had a lot of gum for some reason, I'll add in a "quick add" 50 cals.