Onederland

Options
d3gus
d3gus Posts: 97 Member
Well this is the first post i've instigated! I have been on the road to 'the new me' since July last year. I have an overall target of 100lb to get me down to my wedding weight in time for my 50th birthday next March. It went pretty well up to just before christmas, I walked a lot and cut down my calories, although making sure i had the odd treat or two! you have to live you know.. then I plataued for 2 months on 38lb lost, I hung around at or just above 200lb for what seemed to be an eternity but I slogged on and on and on.. kept doing the same thing then I decided to introduce swimming first weekly then twice weekly.. well today I hit that magic number and hit 199lb! now i know it might jump back up again.. as you do!.. but I was so pleased after all this time and perseverence to see that number pop up I had to share.. I have another 59lb to go but this has given me the boost i sooooo needed :D

Replies

• cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Welcome to Onderland! I made my transition in December. I was over 200 pounds for 23 years. It takes a little getting used to.
  • d3gus
    Options
    Thank you.. feeling pretty smug if i'm honest lol x
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Way to get it!
  • judeoconnor66
    judeoconnor66 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm also 49 and spent the last 2 weeks zigzagging between 200 and 201 pounds. Hitting onederland land is surely an impossible dream? I salute you!
  • optimaltouch
    optimaltouch Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Yay! You did it! That's awesome! I've been so close myself a couple of times. It's annoying to be hovering just over 200#. Hope to be there myself by my 53rd Birthday by the end of March. Cut calories again and upped activity again. Glad to hear IT IS DOABLE.
  • d3gus
    Options
    I'm also 49 and spent the last 2 weeks zigzagging between 200 and 201 pounds. Hitting onederland land is surely an impossible dream? I salute you!

I kept thinking that as the weeks went by, I knew i had to do something to push through it.. someone suggested bulking up my calories, which i did for a few days .. but it didn't really work for me.. the scale just shot up and took ages to come back down.. so that's when i started swimming 20 lengths to start, now at 24, i also upped it from 1 session a week to 2.. and finally a result! YAY!!
  • judeoconnor66
    judeoconnor66 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Maybe I should re-discover my local swimming pool? Can't remember the last time I went. Many thanks for the tip and here goes ...
  • Sherriediva1
    Sherriediva1 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I love swimming but I have to drive to the next town over for that!! I got below 200 yesterday but I'm on my cycle so...I'm gonna wait till it's gone before I celebrate!! CONGRATS
  • 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I'm looking forward to onederland, too. I think the last time I was there was 2013, and I didn't stay there long. I abandoned my weight-loss efforts; it was my own fault.
  • d3gus
    Options
    I love swimming but I have to drive to the next town over for that!! I got below 200 yesterday but I'm on my cycle so...I'm gonna wait till it's gone before I celebrate!! CONGRATS

Well done for getting below 200.. i'd take it if i was you lol x
  • tracydecicco
    tracydecicco Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to reach that under 200 mark. I had a bad day of logging and exercising yesterday but I'm getting up and dusting myself off. Kudos to you!
  • d3gus
    Options
    I can't wait to reach that under 200 mark. I had a bad day of logging and exercising yesterday but I'm getting up and dusting myself off. Kudos to you!

I must admit even though its been a tough couple of months yo-yoing around 200lb, i have never given up on the belief i could do it.. my problem was just how! this time feels so different as though I am in charge of my destiny.. and this will happen :)
  • darlingnoire
    darlingnoire Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your success. I've just started my efforts but hope to be in Onederland in a couple of months. I have a local pool so maybe I should check that out.
  • cds_momto3
    cds_momto3 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Happy onederland!!!
  • hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I still remember how thrilled I was to hit that milestone, too.
  • jessiruthica
    jessiruthica Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    That's a great milestone! Well done for sticking with it through your plateau!
  • astrose00
    astrose00 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Hi, d3gus!!! Just wanted to stop in and say congrats again!!! Woohoo!!!
  • ghoti_fish
    ghoti_fish Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Well done you! I have added you as a friend because I feel I might need to use you as inspiration when I get to 201!
  • LoveLoveandRage
    LoveLoveandRage Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I hit one-derland this month too, it feels so awesome, doesn't it!? Great job!!!
  • d3gus
    Options
    ghoti_fish wrote: »
    Well done you! I have added you as a friend because I feel I might need to use you as inspiration when I get to 201!

No problem.. I see it as a mutual thing.. we all have dark days we need someone to pull us through astrose00 is my inspiration - she's a mean machine!! and of course my other friends on MFP i have made during my time here :) thanks to you all x
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!