Slightly constipated... 3 pounds heavier

Options
This one is a little TMI but... I've been slightly constipated and only going to the bathroom a tiny bit each day. I've been eating the same amount and everything but I'm 3 pounds heavier. Could this be why?

Replies

• Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Yes... if you're taking it in but not pooping the bulk out of course you're going to weigh more.
  • SilverRose89
    SilverRose89 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Yes of course, you are taking it in but it's not gone anywhere :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Try magnesium citrate and lots of water.
  • stephnic4
    stephnic4 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water (half ur weight in ounces), try activa yogurt 2servings a day for two weeks, up your fiber intake (try fiber gummys or fiber one products), and if all else fails they make womens laxatives that r gentle and soften u up over night.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Fluids, Fibre, Fats
  • pinkteapot3
    pinkteapot3 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    If you're in the UK, you can buy lactulose solution over the counter in chemists. It's a mild laxative - take it before bed and you'll go the next morning. :smile:

It's pretty much pure sugar and you take a few teaspoons of it so it should probably be logged! (no pun intended)
  • Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Coffee. And if you aren't used to coconut oil, throw a bit of that in there, too.
  • mom2ava07
    mom2ava07 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Yes...I often go a week without having a bowel movement, and when that happens I have to take a laxative. The next day I'm always down whatever I had gained. My problems stem from digestion problems post gallbladder removal, but make sure you're getting plenty of fiber and lots of water.
  • Jolinia
    Options
    And if you get really desperate...

Google Amazon reviews for Haribo Sugar Free Gummy Bears.

NSFW!
  • cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Jolinia wrote: »

NSFW!

Benefits/effect greatly exaggerated for people suffering from actual constipation. (The artificial sweetener is maltitol, which has very mild laxative properties on some people in extremely large doses.) Yes, I've been desperate enough to test it.
  • Jolinia
    Options

NSFW!

Benefits/effect greatly exaggerated for people suffering from actual constipation. (The artificial sweetener is maltitol, a very mild laxative.)

Aw, and I was going to stock up just in case! Maybe laughing hysterically at the reviews will get things moving for some, though.
  • cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options

NSFW!

Benefits/effect greatly exaggerated for people suffering from actual constipation. (The artificial sweetener is maltitol, a very mild laxative.)

Aw, and I was going to stock up just in case! Maybe laughing hysterically at the reviews will get things moving for some, though.

To be fair, it was one of the better-tasting things I tried during my semester of absolute desperation. :p (An evolution into switch-hitting IBS was probably the greatest thing my body has ever randomly done for me.)
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Fluids, Fibre, Fats
    THIS! Constipation is a common complaint around here from new members who have suddenly changed their eating habits to lose weight. First off, you're eating less so there's less to pass, and they tend to go low-fat on everything, which also causes things to slow down.

Plenty of water, fiber and FAT in your diet is very helpful. Don't be afraid of fat, we need it! And fat doesn't make us fat, too many calories do.

• meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    Prune juice and a bowl of oatmeal should get things moving. along with plenty of water
  • missjones32
    missjones32 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been having the same problem but took castor oil and back normal now.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    most people if they eat a well balanced diet are rarely constipated. lots of fiber and water. coffee helps a lot of people too.
  • cdloyer
    cdloyer Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Fluids, Fibre, Fats

This
  • cdloyer
    cdloyer Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    AmyRhubarb wrote: »
    Fluids, Fibre, Fats
    THIS! Constipation is a common complaint around here from new members who have suddenly changed their eating habits to lose weight. First off, you're eating less so there's less to pass, and they tend to go low-fat on everything, which also causes things to slow down.

Plenty of water, fiber and FAT in your diet is very helpful. Don't be afraid of fat, we need it! And fat doesn't make us fat, too many calories do.

Also this